Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrison Mixbus

Options
  • 05-01-2013 5:22am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got this and first impressions are very positive. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Just bought it myself .

The idea that it's a 'better' sounding DAW certainly appeals .

I guess a possible way of working might be do the dicing and slicing in one daw best suited to that process and hop the whole lot into Mixbus for the actuall mix .

Certainly worth a look .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

looked into it but lack of rewire support (and total lack of interest from the dev to implement it) alongside terrible vst support killed the idea for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

I like the feel of it - it has grunt. The EQs are nice and having in-built comps on every channel is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

And the overall 'sound' ?

Hi Paul,
    it's like a classic console sound - lots of headroom (unless you deliberately clip it) , nice EQs - nice DBX-ey compressors - Old school features like contouring EQs across the mains. It's phat - awesome deal for 40 yoyos (think there was VAT on that). TBH I have not done a full multitrack mix on it yet, so I'll reserve some comments for that day. the JACK business might confuse some people - but JACK is not hard and is good to know anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

Isn't there some way to route from another DAW to Mixbus by getting the JackPilot software? I think I read that somewhere.

I got it the other day but haven't delved to deeply. EQ and compressor seems really nice. As Paul said earlier in the thread maybe working in your DAW of choice for recording editing etc then dumping the cleaned up audio files into Mixbus might be the way to go.

Yes you can do that - SOS cover it quite comprehensively in their review - comes up if you google Harrison Mixbus. I have not tried it myself.

Advertisement