Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

-

Options
  • 05-01-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

-

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Sertus

Ask your mammy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Give them up! Hope you're not hooked. 1 in 2 of smokers die of cancer related disease (according to the ad anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭kilograms

An absolute ridiculous thread and habit to start and anybody who gives you a positive reply is an idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

I didnt post looking for people telling me to quit. I've heard enough of that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Starting smoking is the stupidest thing you will ever do in all your life. It'll be your greatest regret.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Since you are only smoking 2 months give them up and save yourself the bother. It will be piss easy giving up after two months. You don't want to be like the rest of us who find it nearly impossible to quit smoking 20 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

james142 wrote: »
    For the past two months I have being smoking John player blue. Its all I have ever tried so far and want to try other brands but I am unsure of any other ones out there.

Anyone want to recommend good brands I could buy in a local shop?
    Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I didnt post looking for people telling me to quit. I've heard enough of that thanks.

Cop onto yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Try an e-cig.

Its way easier to start and you'll end up smoking any brand.

Just don't. Not worth it for cash, health, or hangover

Jesus Christ. Forget it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Nearly every one of us that smoke would tell our younger selves not to take up the habit. At 20 a day, I'd have spent close on €50k on smokes since taking them up around 17. If I'd saved that money instead, it'd be a hell of a deposit for a house, or in terms a younger person might understand: a decent second hand Porsche.

i was smoking more than 20 a day and am now off them nearly 3 years. i was so addicted to them that i still cant believe i gave them up and it was the best thing i ever done, there are no smokers who are happy witht there habit.

Didn't know I posted in a Quit Smoking Support Group forum..

Didn't know I posted in a Quit Smoking Support Group forum..

You didn't, your a stupid person who asked a stupid question and sensible people gave you sensible answers!

kilograms wrote: »
    You didn't, your a stupid person who asked a stupid question and sensible people gave you sensible answers!

To think after all this time it took someone sitting at home online to finally make me realise that I am 'stupid'. Thanks for your kind words.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

If you have to smoke then organic cigarettes are a lot safer, The Radioactive fertilizer used to produce tobacco is what causes most lung cancer.

Before the 1930s lung cancer was almost unheard of but once they started using

Radioactive fertilizer lung cancer rates shot up.

http://www.acsa2000.net/HealthAlert/radioactive_tobacco.html
    US Surgeon General C Everett Koop stated on national television in 1990 that tobacco radiation is probably responsible for 90% of tobacco-related cancer.8 Dr RT Ravenholt, former director of World Health Surveys at the Centers for Disease Control, has stated that "Americans are exposed to far more radiation from tobacco smoke than from any other source."

To think after all this time it took someone sitting at home online to finally make me realise that I am 'stupid'. Thanks for your kind words.

Your welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sleepy wrote: »
    Nearly every one of us that smoke would tell our younger selves not to take up the habit. At 20 a day, I'd have spent close on €50k on smokes since taking them up around 17. If I'd saved that money instead, it'd be a hell of a deposit for a house, or in terms a younger person might understand: a decent second hand Porsche.

Strangely not every non smoker I know owns a a Porsche.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This isn't after hours, any more carry on like this and there'll be infractions issued.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement