Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist set to protest outside leinster house

Options
  • 05-01-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Ulster loyalists are to bring their protest to Leinster House and to ask for the Tricolour to be lowered, it has emerged.
    As a major rally was organised for outside Belfast City Hall tomorrow, plans were also under way for 150 loyalists to travel to Leinster House later this week.
    The group will ask "sarcastically" for the Irish flag to be taken down and will hand in a letter for Taoiseach Enda Kenny, asking him to "honour his commitment" to meet again with those representing the victims of the Kingsmills atrocity. The group met with Mr Kenny last September to ask for a formal apology over IRA activity.
    Organiser Willie Frazer – who was behind the 2006 'Love Ulster' parade in Dublin – told The Irish Times that the trip was intended in a "spirit of respect".
    He said: “When we ask for the Tricolour to be taken down, it’s a tongue-in-cheek gesture. It’s to give Irish people a sense of how we feel.
    "I would be very offended if I was living in Ireland and someone came and asked me to take the flag down. That’s exactly how we feel in Belfast. People keep telling us we’re still part of the UK, yet here we are without a flag."
    It is envisaged that three busloads of protesters – one from Belfast, one from Co Armagh and one from Co Derry/Tyrone – will make the journey over the next seven days for an hour-long protest outside Leinster House.
    They hope to bus directly to the protest, rather than parading through the city-centre. The 'Love Ulster' parade had to be cancelled after rioting broke out among republican protesters.
    Meanwhile, thousands of loyalists are expected to congregate outside Belfast City Hall at 1pm tomorrow. Protests in the North have resumed after a Christmas lull and there has been some trouble.

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0104/breaking17.html

gif-popcorn-thriller-2664d86.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

I for one will be offended if this ridiculous protest takes place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

So what? I really honestly couldn't give a shit. Just ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wow, this is the first ive heard about this....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I guarantee the reporters will outnumber the protester that day.
    If any luck Charlie Bird with get another slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

jurahnimoh wrote: »
    I for one will be offended if this ridiculous protest takes place

I'm offended by your offence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Have the Union jack flying from Leinster house when they come down.

They won't know what to do then.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Its a sarcastic request to gather support for their cause in the north.......... Don't think its going to work .......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Those Protestants... Up to no good as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I hope something bad happens to their bus before they get past the border. Everyone has a right to protest but that crap is not protesting, it's blatant ****-stirring and if another riot kicks off because of them then it's us who have to pay for it. They're not citizens of this country and should fcuk right off with their idiotic demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement