Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this acceptable behaviour??

Options
  • 04-01-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

737431_578751815475675_1525024892_o_zps3c83905f.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

If you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭chabsey

Initially I didn't think so, but then i324 and that changed my j949.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

barney 20v wrote: »
    737431_578751815475675_1525024892_o_zps3c83905f.jpg

You can bring a horse to water - but can't make him drink it!

Or maybe it would have been worse to go around with a dirty ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

That would be an ecumenical matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

It was acceptable in the 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

No, this isn't acceptable behavior whatsoever

What kind of people do this I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Once they paid. Least the horse is getting looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

somebody think of the children

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At least they opted not to go with the drive-thru version.

Meh.. I've seen animals treated far worse by rich folk. There was a horse in a field near me and its owners would just leave it there for days on end, caked in mud and starving hungry. The guys in the pic can't be accused of that sort of neglect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

As long as they give themselves a much needed wash too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It was taken in Bunclody, where the finer nuances of horse welfare would not be observed in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

No. It is not.
    When you are that far down on a blokes body, that side of him should not say "Entrance" (Unless you are that way inclined). One way traffic for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Well the power of those water hoses can be really strong so I don't think it's acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Long as the pressure isn't too strong and the water isn't too cold i would think it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

That detergent type stuff that you use in the self service car wash is really strong. I remember getting some of it in my shoes and my skin peeled off for a week, hope the same won't happen to Mr. Ed here.

In fairness they are doing a good job, look how clean the back part of the horse is compared with the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Guy with a tight white t shirt with fake tan with a sign on his crotch saying entrance..............

Hmmm no... no... defo not acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

Yep its fine,
    Large animals are washed with power washers all the time, they have a jacket of hair and thick skin. the pressure washer will remove dirt from the hair and also dirt and grime from the skin which a bucket and sponge wont. It does the animal no harm at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Depends on where he's stuck the end of that hose I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Zooms in to make sure no family members are featured, ehhhhh, nope, zooms out... Huh, what a carry on, who ever saw such a thing.

Every time I click on one of these "outrageous" pictures, and wait for it to load, I kinda clench me cheeks a bit until I see that it's not one of mine/me/Uncle Tommy, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Fcuk your honda civic, I've a horse (to rinse) outside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Is keeping an animal who wallows in mud, piss and shite clean acceptable ?

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yes, why wouldn't it be acceptable?

This horse doesn't seem to mind!

Yes, why wouldn't it be acceptable?
    But it's for coors? How common, washing ones own horses..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Apart from anything else, these horses may be kept outdoors and need the oil in their coats to keep them dry over the winter.

Apart from anything else, these horses may be kept outdoors and need the oil in their coats to keep them dry over the winter.
    When they finished washing it they brought it across the road to Kwik-fit for an oil top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

pebbles21 wrote: »
    That would be an ecumenical matter!

That's a lovely horse. Where is it going with its fetlocks blowing in the wind?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not worried by the pressure washer so much, they tend not to be on the strongest setting in car washes as that would damage the paint, but I do wonder whay kind of detergent they used. Not the car shampoo, I hope.

And I also hope they dried that horse off properly afterwards...

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'm not worried by the pressure washer so much, they tend not to be on the strongest setting in car washes as that would damage the paint, but I do wonder whay kind of detergent they used. Not the car shampoo, I hope.

And I also hope they dried that horse off properly afterwards...
    They used "Wash and Go". I heard the owners had a special one made just for them, "Go and Wash". Savage stuff altogether, really puts a shine on a mane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I dont think its acceptable to ride horses on city streets.

Was walking to work one morning when a lad bareback riding a huge rancid horse belted by me. Scared the life out of me. Absolute knacker so he was, the horse looked like a scobe too. I was shocked.

Advertisement