Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at my controversial opinion/stick it to the man etc threads

Options
  • 04-01-2013 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

What's with all these posturing threads of late? I know Internet nerds like nothing more than to rage against the mainstream (yet despise hipsters)- comedians that aren't funny/controversial opinions/Im not PC and I don't care threads...

It's like 'woah look at me I'm challenging the system' but you're not- and these threads are always so damn negative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

efb wrote: »
    What's with all these posturing threads of late? I know Internet nerds like nothing more than to rage against the mainstream (yet despise hipsters)- comedians that aren't funny/controversial opinions/Im not PC and I don't care threads...

It's like 'woah look at me I'm challenging the system' but you're not- and these threads are always so damn negative.

I like you - more lighthearted threads please folks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...and these threads are always so damn negative.

Like this one? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Probably teenagers out to change the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

2deep4me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

2deep4me

I thought vicar's were into theology?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

kneemos wrote: »
    I thought vicar's were into theology?

We just say that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

People with controversial opinions should be hung, drawn and quartered. And then shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You know what really grinds my gears?

You Ireland. F**K YOU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

You're just frustrated because you're stuck in the box maaaaaaaan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Is the whole "Thinly veiled" thing banned? It needs to be kicked off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm just gonna come out and say this, and it may not be popular but......

AH has gone to shíte lately.

There. I said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Terrible isn't it, people should just shut up and do as they're told despite the injustice in the system. I'm getting onto Joe about it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Where To wrote: »
    People with controversial opinions should be hung, drawn and quartered. And then shot.

I see what you did there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Dean09 wrote: »

There. I said it.

So has your face.

Genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There. I said it.

Jeasus... I never heard this before! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There. I said it.

I blame the op

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

donvito99 wrote: »

So has your face.

[SIZE="1"]Genius.[/SIZE]

Best. Comeback. Ever.

Seriously. It doesn't matter how badly you're losing an argument, if you come out with that reply you win hands down every time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It wouldn't be so bad if there were some thought put into them. But too often they're just people's pet peeves or vague feelings about how the world is dressed up as some kind of original and insightful polemic against the system written by people who think the "I'm mad as hell..." speech from Network and "things used to be better in the past" reposts on Facebook are the height of social commentary.
    And then there's the inexplicable "it's cool to be really right-wing" people and angry young men who don't really know why they're angry so blame outside forces.

Basically, After Hours is going to Hell in a handcart, and I blame such posters.

And immigrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Sure don't link any of these threads your on about OP ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Biggins wrote: »
    Like this one? :D;)

Touché

• Advertisement

Terrible isn't it, people should just shut up and do as they're told despite the injustice in the system. I'm getting onto Joe about it tomorrow.

People should realise they have fcuk all to be whining about and quit the fake posturing while they're at at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I blame winter - Season Affected Disorder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Don't worry, it's all because of the holidays. People with way too much free time to think about stuff, not getting enough daylight, being around their family all day and having to be nice to them so resorting to venting on here so they don't kill a relative, the usual winter stuff. They're almost over, and then AH will return to the being the care-bear castle of love and compassion that it normally is. Who wants a hug?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

I think you are moaning about people who start threads like this thread very ironic I like it.

If you are actually moaning about whatever it is you seem to be on about then yur brain processes too much unimportant information and you must get very.....depressed at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

Biggins wrote: »
    Jeasus... I never heard this before! :eek:

qui moderari huiusmodi qui moderantur

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    I think you are moaning about people who start threads like this thread very ironic I like it.

If you are actually moaning about whatever it is you seem to be on about then yur brain processes too much unimportant information and you must get very.....depressed at times.

Yes Alanais

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Great to have an uplifting thread for a change. The moaning about every little thing just drags me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

People should realise they have fcuk all to be whining about and quit the fake posturing while they're at at!

Maybe you have nothing to be whining about but you're probably not living off 17c tins of baked beans like some people in this country are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

KNOY 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Look at my hat it's made from cats......

Advertisement