Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a jacket for multisport

Options
  • 04-01-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

hi i'm looking to get a jacket for some multsport races i plan on doing this year, eg gaelforce WAR that sort of thing, what do people recommend thanks, has to be waterproof and small so can fit into a backpack or jersey pocket.
    Let me know what ye use thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=122&prod_id=454

thats what i have, its only showerproof but very light, the thing is its rarely used during races and normally just brought for the trip in pocket or saddlebag.. if your looking for totally waterproof then its going to be a fair bit heavier / bulkier and then it becomes a pain in the arse to carry..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Some of the adventure races stipulate a stormproof jacket, taped and welded seams. If this is the case there are two that I am aware of ticking all the boxes.

Ronhill Tempest Jacket (sorry, being lazy and linking this to Facebook page)

Inov8 Raceshell 220

Outside of this there are plenty of packable water resistance jackets that will keep you relatively dry, but they will not necessarily be storm proof, waterproofs.

I did see a product before on Dragon's Den called the Surviva Jak designed as an emergency blanket / storm jacket in a pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Montane FeatherLite H2O Jacket

very light, initially very waterproof but sadly quickly loses it's waterproofing. This is not important in the shorter one day multisport races prevalent in Ireland though as you will not be wearing it very often.

It's main function is to pass the kitcheck :)

Advertisement