Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old vs. New; Bomber vs. Real Deal

Options
  • 04-01-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭

At HW who wins? Both were roughly the same size. Holyfield was heavier by a few lbs, and and maybe an inch taller.

I am guessing most would pick Louis. Not me. I feel Evander has the perfect blend of speed, fluidity, chin and power to really cause Louis problems.

Holyfield's jab was terrific, and he will win that battle. Louis could be wobbled and hurt by lesseer men than Evander. Holyfield took a helleva shot. I am going with Holyfield by mid rds stoppage.

On the inside Louis will not be the boss. I see Evander being physically the boss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

walshb wrote: »
    At HW who wins? Both were roughly the same size. Holyfield was heavier by a few lbs, and and maybe an inch taller.

I am guessing most would pick Louis. Not me. I feel Evander has the perfect blend of speed, fluidity, chin and power to really cause Louis problems.

Holyfield's jab was terrific, and he will win that battle. Louis could be wobbled and hurt by lesseer men than Evander. Holyfield took a helleva shot. I am going with Holyfield by mid rds stoppage.

On the inside Louis will not be the boss. I see Evander being physically the boss.

Maybe if this was boxingscene.com or eastsideboxing.com they would ! where the greats from a generation ago are unbeatable.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13995

But they also don't think Vitali would have much of a chance either !

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162866

I can't phanthom how Holyfield could lose this fight. One of the best all rounders in boxing history, with his endurance ,heart , array of punches, intensity etc. I think he is widely considered the best cruiserweight ever?. That would put him at the same kinda size as Louis. Louis was a big heavyweight for his time and used to fighting guys alot smaller then him in most of his fights, the same as Liston . Holyfield at heavyweight, would have been fighting guys alot bigger, faster, and harder hitting than Louis, but he always fought as if he was the same size or bigger! which was an astonishing and remarkable feat !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The clowns on Eastside don't realise that TV operates at a different frame rate now than it did 50 years ago which makes the boxers seem much faster than they actually are:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Louis is a true great to me, for his time he was exceptional but Evander would make easy work of him, Evander is highly underrated and was a beast and all rounder

Evander ko mid rounds

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement