Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleartomizer Cleaning !

Options
  • 04-01-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I have a cleartomizer on my e-vic at the moment.

I want to change flavour in it though. How would I clean the current flavour out ?

Would flushing water through it do the trick ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

afaik yeah just stick it under the tap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Cheers lads.

Just one other question, should I let it dry out before adding the new flavour ?

wouldnt hurt

dont know if it really matters. i've only used the kanger t3 and even then not for very long, but I only rinsed out the tank body. I didnt bother washing the wick/coil so there wasn't really anything to dry out

wouldnt hurt

dont know if it really matters. i've only used the kanger t3 and even then not for very long, but I only rinsed out the tank body. I didnt bother washing the wick/coil so there wasn't really anything to dry out

Lovely, thanks

The wick setup and tank seem to be all one piece but sure ill give it a go and throw it in the hotpress after :)

• Advertisement

Do dry it out, the water that's left in the wick leaves a manky taste for the new tank of juice.

Vodka rinse would be better as it'll dry out faster and leave no manky taste.
    You only need a thimble of vodka to do it.

grindle wrote: »
    Do dry it out, the water that's left in the wick leaves a manky taste for the new tank of juice.

Vodka rinse would be better as it'll dry out faster and leave no manky taste.
    You only need a thimble of vodka to do it.

I have some gin left ?

Ha, kidding

Cheers for the tip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have a cleartomizer on my e-vic at the moment.

I want to change flavour in it though. How would I clean the current flavour out ?

Would flushing water through it do the trick ?

Thanks !
    I usually wash the wick the very warm water, dry the wick with paper towel, a few dry burns of the coil, but not longer than a few seconds at a time or it burns the wick and tastes rotten after that, and bung it back into the tank and puff away until it vapes away as normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I clean mine with Isopropyl, it works well and evaporates quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Where do you buy that?

• Advertisement

Any pharmacy should have it. Buy the purest you can, 90-95%

Be certain it's dry after cleaning, as isopropyl is toxic to the liver because of it's conversion to acetone (which is why we don't drink it).
    If you can still smell the alcohol, it's not completely dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

What about vinegar?

White vinegar, go for it.

grindle wrote: »
    White vinegar, go for it.

Will give it a go next time. White distilled vinegar: " Vinegar is a weak form of acetic acid that forms through the fermentation of sugars or starches. It is completely edible, and cannot harm your stomach. And luckily for us, many things can be cleaned using it."

http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/vinegar

vinegar can harm your throat though, at least some types can. apple cider vinegar is one afaik, if you're going to be drinking it you have to dilute it or you can burn your throat

vinegar can harm your throat though, at least some types can. apple cider vinegar is one afaik, if you're going to be drinking it you have to dilute it or you can burn your throat

Only using it as a cleaner, and not drinking the bottle.

Must remember that it can burn my throat the next time I buy a bag of chips. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

Steradent (for cleaning dentures) was recommended by some one on the forum, but i would definetly rinse and dry out before vaping after it as I would imagine it wouldnt be a very nice flavour :eek:

Advertisement