Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Radio School

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hello. I've spotted a course online provided by http://www.radioschool.ie/.

I've done some work in student radio before, but I've never been properly trained on the production side of things/technical set-up of a desk. So I'm looking to improve my skills in those areas.

Has anyone done a course by them before and, if so, would they recommend it?

Cheers

Also Mods, if this is in the wrong place just let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm currently studying radio (Although not there). I'll ask a tutor if they know about the place and let you know what they say, adjusting for bias :pac: :pac: .

Are you located in Dublin, yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, based in Dublin. Where are you studying radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Hello. I've spotted a course online provided by http://www.radioschool.ie/.

I've done some work in student radio before, but I've never been properly trained on the production side of things/technical set-up of a desk. So I'm looking to improve my skills in those areas.

Has anyone done a course by them before and, if so, would they recommend it?

Cheers

Also Mods, if this is in the wrong place just let me know.

This course is the same course Kevin used to run out of his Nightcourse offices in Dun Laoghaire in conjunction with Eastcoast fm in Bray. It will give you a very cursory introduction to radio production and radio presenting basics. I emphasise cursory because its only a 4 -5 week course, but if you have done a little bit of radio and want you educate yourself then it may be something for you. My only issue would be the cost of the course which seems to have gone up in recent years, fairly inexplicable in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

heybaby wrote: »
    This course is the same course Kevin used to run out of his Nightcourse offices in Dun Laoghaire in conjunction with Eastcoast fm in Bray. It will give you a very cursory introduction to radio production and radio presenting basics. I emphasise cursory because its only a 4 -5 week course, but if you have done a little bit of radio and want you educate yourself then it may be something for you. My only issue would be the cost of the course which seems to have gone up in recent years, fairly inexplicable in a recession.

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like a good course, but it is quite pricey.

Did you do the course that was taught out in Dún Laoghaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm in Limerick, doing the level 6 course in the LCFE. Did the level 5 last year, which was less radio-centric. Loving this year.

I couldn't see myself enjoying education this much anywhere else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement