Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeak when going over sharp bumps (Seat Cordoba)

Options
  • 03-01-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi All

I've had my '07 Cordoba (100k km) for about 9 months now. I've found when I go over sharp/steep speed bumps (at low speed) that there is a squeak at the front of the car. Over regular speed bumps, it never happened, but I would notice it occasionally over bad bumps in the road. If I pressed down on any of the corners, I could never reproduce it. I took it back to the garage I bought it from, they checked bushings etc and said that they couldn't find anything wrong. Over time I felt that I was also starting to notice a slight bear to the left in the steering, nothing dangerous or very noticeable, but I tended to notice it none the less

I took the car to another garage and asked them to check both - they said they couldn't reproduce the squeak or find anything wrong with the suspension, and they didn't find anything wrong with the steering either.

Over time, I've noticed the squeak getting progressively worse, and now I'm noticing a second one at the back of the car. I still think the steering is bearing left ever so slightly sometimes and to me it feels a little "loose".

It's now at the stage where I don't want to live with it anymore as it's clearly getting worse. I'll admit I don't know a lot about cars, so I do get somewhat paranoid sometimes about things being wrong with it, but I don't think that's the case here .... and I'm definitely not imagining the squeak !!

Does anybody have any ideas what might the problem be at all ? I'm really desperate to get to the bottom of this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Front Wishbone Bushes are perished/need grease

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

aah, forgot to mention that - when I called the 2nd garage (before I took it to them) and described the symptoms, they said it might be the wishbone. But after checking, they said that it was fine too

Any other thoughts/suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The bushes might be fine and just might not have been given enough grease at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Gotcha, thanks for that. Would that explain the squeak at the back too ? How about the steering ?

Advertisement