Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad funding advice.

Options
  • 03-01-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just wondering if anyone could maybe direct me towards anything that might help with some postgrad fee's!

I'm going to undertake an Msc in Northern Ireland in September.
    Ive been on Job seeker's for approx 3-5 months and received a maintenance grant for a BaHons I undertook until may (I had to defer my postgrad course to save funds!)

Ill be 26 when the course starts if that helps any!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

soycuba wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could maybe direct me towards anything that might help with some postgrad fee's!

I'm going to undertake an Msc in Northern Ireland in September.
    Ive been on Job seeker's for approx 3-5 months and received a maintenance grant for a BaHons I undertook until may (I had to defer my postgrad course to save funds!)

Ill be 26 when the course starts if that helps any!

So basically in the 2012/2013 academic year you can get the following

a fee grant of 2000 once your income is below 31500

a tuition fee grant of upto 6270 if your income is less than 22,703 and you are receiving a social welfare payment

For 2013/2014 these bolded income limits will reduce by 3%

There are many things that they will consider - if you are living with your parents;

If it is on the apporved course list

http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1339418633/Student_Support_Regulations_2012.pdf
    Approved Postgraduate Courses in Northern Ireland
    Queen's University, Belfast
    Full-time postgraduate course of not less than one year duration
    University of Ulster
    Full-time postgraduate course of not less than one year duration
    St Mary's College of Education, Belfast
    Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Irish Medium)
    Stranmillis College, Belfast
    Postgraduate Certificate in Education

Also

You should be aware that there is a 3 year rule foe changing your status from dependent student to independent mature student

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79296185&postcount=48

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement