Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyngsat frequencies?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks...newbie here ( I previously posted this on wrong thread)

I recently tried to install sky news on my combo box ( unsuccessfully )...when I entered the frequency I got at lyngsat and scanned it just showed a weak signal and no found channel...I also notice on my TP list that other channels like bbc hd has a frequency 4054 v 22999....ch4 is 4187 h 21999...utv is 3995 v 21999 and not at all like the fdrequencies shown on Lyngsat..

Its probably a dumb question but can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Ziggy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

You have an incorrectly selected LNB type in your setup menu. Based on the numbers you've presented, it is currently set to a C-band LNB (Local Oscillator 5150 MHz with a range of 3.4-4.2GHz) whereas it should be set to a Universal LNB (LO of 9750 MHz and 10600 MHz with a range of 10.7GHz to 12.75GHz).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ziggy353

That seems to be the problem... many thanks
    quick question..How come I cant get a list of c band frequencies for various channels?

ziggy353 wrote: »
    That seems to be the problem... many thanks
    quick question..How come I cant get a list of c band frequencies for various channels?

Because the channels you're looking for aren't on C-band.

Your receiver is set up incorrectly so you need to change the settings for a Ku band LNB, as mentioned by Apogee.

Also, a friendly note, using two accounts is a bannable offence. ;)

Advertisement