Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro bluetooth issue . . .

Options
  • 03-01-2013 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have the newest MacBook Pro. I am having problems with the bluetooth on it. I have bluetooth speakers in my house which I like to play my music on, but if Im using the speakers and I try to use the internet connection on the laptop then the sound goes out and keeps breaking up.

It only happens with the MacBook, it doesn't happen with anything else (3 other laptops, and a few iphones)

Is there something wrong with my laptop or is this just the way macbooks are? I only bought it in September. . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

WiFi and bluetooth communicate using the 2.4Ghz band, unfortunately they work in very different ways and can interfere with each other. At a guess this is what you are experiencing. You could try changing your routers wifi channel or, if it supports it, enabling bluetooth coexistance mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You're not the only one with this problem it seems. A few tips here which might solve it for you.

Ken

Advertisement