Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bild/Zeit Subscription

Options
  • 03-01-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

HI, just wondering does anyone know if its possible to get a german national newspaper posted to ireland as part of a subscription like Nat Geo?
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I have been getting Der Spiegel for years now, no problem whatsoever. According to the Die Zeit website an Auslandsabo Europe is 265.20 per year.
    Not sure about Bild, wouldn't be my cup of tea at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thank you. I was considering bild only because I believe the language used is much easier than in the likes of die zeit etc. I just bought die zeit in easons and it cost 7.59 and it's dated the 19th December! Are there any others? I'm mostly using them to surround myself with as much German material as possible as well as keeping up to date with news over there. I downloaded an app that has a good few newspapers from Germany but its down ATM so can't use it :(
    96€ for a half year for a student. If I am not a German student can I still avail of this for the zeit do you think? How often does it arrive? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Zeit is weekly, as is Der Spiegel. Der Spiegel is published on Mondays and I usually get it on Tuesday. Other papers would be Sueddeutsche Zeitung (daily), Die Welt & Welt am Sonntag, Frankfurter Allgemeine, Berliner Zeitung and others. Where are you based? Could pass on some magazines/books.

Not sure about the conditions for student subscription. Pobably best to drop them a nice email and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

The subscription for ZEIT works really well. The paper is published in Germany on Thursdays and most of the time I have it in the post here on Fridays, at the latest by Monday. They offer an even more expensive "by airmail" service, but even without this it seems to be here early for me most of the time. Regarding the student offer this should be possible, you just need to send them some form of proof.

Besides newspapers your best bet would be the internet for watching German TV (ARD.de, zdf.de etc.) or if you are more specifically interested in German language learning content, the website of the German broadcaster Deutsche Welle (dw.de) offers a wealth of material, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks a million guys.i have just signed up for the dw course just as a refresher and it seems to be good alright.much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement