Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticum T90

Options
  • 03-01-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I just want a basic box to pickup both Freeview and Saorview channels. I live in Monaghan so there's no problem with the Freeview reception and I tested a box previously for Saorview and that worked also.

Anyway has anyone bought the Opticum T90? It's not officially Saorview approved so am a bit cautious of buying it. It can be viewed here and here. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Only buy a Certified box, unless you can get a good UK Terrestrial signal, in which case you want a compatible "Freeview HD" box. Currently the "satellite" part of all combo boxes is greatly inferior to a "Freesat HD" box especially "Freesat+ HD" true PVRS.

See www.saortv.info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Certainly confusing. From your link above Watty I've taken this - "If you can get UK TV and Irish TV, then get “Freeview HD” or Saorview models certified from January 2013." This would suit me as I receive a very strong UK TV signal (as well as Irish TV). I've no interest/need for Freesat.

Where can I see these post January 2013 approved Saorview boxes? I just want something basic, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

BarneyMc wrote: »
    Where can I see these post January 2013 approved Saorview boxes? I just want something basic, thanks!

None yet but should be listed here when they become available.

Post Jan 2013 Saorview certified STBs could be many months away or longer, if you want a basic STB that will pickup both Saorview and FreeviewHD services now your best best is to go for a FreeviewHD spec STB as most will work with Saorview but there are some exceptions. If you see one that you like check back on boards and someone may be able to confirm that it'll work on both services.

Advertisement