Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting claim for job seekers......

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been waiting on a decision for job seekers benefit and I have now been offered a job starting Monday. I've been unemployed for 2 Months , I have no available cash and I can't afford to get to my new job. Is there anything I can claim for to enable me to get petrol in the car and possibly pay it back once I get paid by my new employer? Also when I start the job would I still be paid the benefit as a form of back pay if the decision is made soon? Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Your local CWO would be the person to ask about a emergency payment.If your claim is approved you will get back monies from the date you signed on to the date you signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Out of interest, what social welfare office did you apply with? I registered a claim in December in Dun Laoghaire for JSB and had my first payment the following week. It seems strange that there would be such a difference in processing times throughout the country, have you been in touch with the office to find out if there is an issue?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dc112233

Hi thanks for the advice. The reason for the delay is that I've only been working in Ireland for 12mnths and I'm originally from the uk. So they are waiting for a form to be sent back from the uk to complete the application. I'll pop in and see my local cwo and get some advice, thanks

Advertisement