Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo for tiling ? anyone intreasted ?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

not sure where i should be posting this but hopefully here should be okay

I'm looking for someone to tile (and supply tiles) in exchange for a tattoo of their choosing (be it full sleeve or whatever (no portraits) the room is a little bigger than an average sitting room please pm me if interested and i will give you details :p:D

(located in dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whoopsie

Im a tattoo artist and don't want to pay crazy money for getting my floor tiled so i thought id do an exchange :) haha recession buster or what xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I reckon you'd actually find someone up for it, probably not enough traffic on this forum though I'm afraid.

Do you have any links to your work?

Unfortunately i can't post it here as its advertising .. don't fancy getting banned lol i was just going to see if someone was interested and if the are i'd give all my details and where to find me and see my work over the phone or something .. i'd rather not do it over here just in case boards still class it as advertising .. if you are interested in getting a tattoo done however i can give you my phone number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Wish I was any good at tiling :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I can attempt to tile if your interested? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

What colour tiles are you getting? We got the studio tiled last year in huge ceramic tiles...the customers love it, I hate it...it has to be kept spotless or it looks horrible, and if its raining outside, people carry the water in and its a right pain. I would advise going for a dark wood laminate, its easier to look after and if you get the right stuff, easier to keep clean with great durability. I hate our tiles and seem to spend my life cleaning them.

Well if anyone can do a wooden laminate instead i would'nt see a problem with that :) the offer still applies with wooden laminate too :) thanks for letting me know, i knew it was going to be a job cleaning them all the time but i didnt realise it would become SUCH a pain :/ might go with the wood instead.. Thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you're actually serious about this, you could PM one of the moderators here (DamoElDiablo or Hellrazer) and ask could you post a link to your website or something. Occasionally the no advertising rule can be lifted if it's relevant to the specific forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭markbld65

what are the room lenght/width ?

you'd need to work out sq m2 etc

not posting i'd be able to to do this one but worth thinking about and fair play to you for posting its a excellent idea and i used to do the same in the UK years back eg trade for stuff, i used to be able to do timber or tiles back in the day

also you may try a few of the biker forums some handy lads there if you need links to the sites just pm me ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

That's a crackin idea...

I wonder if it would work for me, I need a bit of carpentry work done AND would love a new tattoo - I have no relevant skills to offer, just throwing it out there in case someone fancies doing both :)

Good luck with the swap, I know a couple of tilers, would possibly be into getting some ink, but not anywhere near you unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Awwww no portraits :( I'm a tiler looking for a tattoo but its a portrait that i'm looking to get done.

Maybe a sleeve though :) how big of a job are we talking??? What type of tiles??? Sq Ft????

WILL ALSO TILE FOR MONEY :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I can attempt to tile if your interested? :D
    I need some tiling done. I could attempt to tattoo...?

Advertisement