Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me win! Advice much needed!

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Alright folks looking for advice here. I'll give you the background (as I think the situation needs explaining) and then get to the point.

I joined an online betting club a while back with a few mates from the US. It's a very low annual fee and offers reasonable cash prizes for the lucky few. Its more for the craic of competing in competitions against each other than for hard cash money that we're all in it as we have a few pick 'em competitions amongst ourselves etc..

They do offer some decent cash prizes but they are hard to qualify for. Anyway by some miracle I've qualified for the final level before a cash prize. What I have to do to claim $1,000 real hard cash is turn my $1,000 virtual on the site into $10,001 within 14 days. Much, much, much easier said than done.

I've gotten off to a strong start as I hit with an NFL treble and am up to just about $2,500. However I only have 11 days to go the rest of the way.

There is no pressure as in that the $2,500 isn't my money so if I lose big deal right? But there is the pressure of knowing if I can pull it off then I can bag some much need real money!

So how do I approach this? I'm not really sure how to go about chasing the target with a time constraint. I know I won't be lucky enough to hit many 10/1 trebles in the next 10 days. If I had time I could wait on stuff I really like but I need to find the value in the next 10 days.

So I'm not really a gambler as I don't wager this kind of level of cash. So to get to the bottom line I'm asking advice on how to approach this?

Five big $500 singles? Loads of smaller bets? Intermediate level doubles and trebles? If you were in my shoes what would you do lads and ladies? I'd love to hear.

Also any tips to help me over the line much appreciated ;)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Just put the whole 2500 on something at around evens,then stick some of yer own money on the opposite.if te virtual bet wins you lose yer own money but are halfway to 1000 real cash, then do the same with the 5000 virtual. You make real money no matter what this way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 greenblue23

Cheers. I appreciate the advice but I usually bet on 2 team sports. Which means If I back 1 outcome at evens I need to cover the other 2 possible results (other team winning and draw)

Also throw in the fact I don't have money to be gambling to make anywhere as near a significant profit as $1,000 and I'm not in a position to do that. At best, doing the math quickly (Home 1/1 Draw 23/10 Away 11/4), I could ensure break evenish. I'd like to give winning it a go rather than involving complicating matters by actually having to start lumping my own cash into the equation!

Cheers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Ok we'll my method would be to still just back something at evens or more to get to 5000 then same again to get to 1000, 2 easy steps! It's a 3/1 shot to get there no matter what way you do it anyway,good luck!

Advertisement