Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Query

Options
  • 02-01-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I have an excel problem which I'm hoping someone can put me straight on.

See attached spreadsheet. "Sheet 1" contains raw data which I have downloaded from another source. I want to find a way to automatically have the data re-arranged as per "Sheet 2".

The reason I want to find a way / formula / macro to automatically do this is because I am downloading huge amounts of data on a regular basis. e.g. this sample data is based on one day for three generators - I will generally be downloading data on a monthly / yearly basis for lots of generators. Hence - a lot of data!

I have trawled the net in order to find a soluton, but to no avail. Some help / advice would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Could you try run a pivot table with "Generator" in columns, the 3 delivery fields in the rows and the MSQ Summed as Data.

This will output the data in a very similar manner to what your Sheet 2 is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Could you try run a pivot table with "Generator" in columns, the 3 delivery fields in the rows and the MSQ Summed as Data.

This will output the data in a very similar manner to what your Sheet 2 is like.

Hi chavezychavez.

Thanks for your response. I have had a quick look at pivot tables and it looks like it could be the way to go for me. I know nothing about pivot tables, so I'll have to delve deeper to see if it will completely solve my problem - will update you when I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

PGL wrote: »
    Hi chavezychavez.

Thanks for your response. I have had a quick look at pivot tables and it looks like it could be the way to go for me. I know nothing about pivot tables, so I'll have to delve deeper to see if it will completely solve my problem - will update you when I do!

Pivot tables is the solution to my problem!

Many thanks for all the responses.

Advertisement