Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dvd/vcr recorder error

• 02-01-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I recently bought a dvd/vcr recorder and I went about setting it up today.

Had power but no picture and I keep getting a message on the recorder saying "wait" and once that goes the recorder just turns off. I have the recorder connected to both the tv and a sky+ box.

So I have the following setup: sky dish on the roof which is connected to the sky box and I have a scart lead going from the sky box to the recorder and another going from the recorder to the tv.

I also have an aerial connection between the tv and recorder and another between the sky box and the recorder

Does the recorder have to be connected to an aerial as well or does anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

I would imagine that a dvd/vcr recorder at this stage is old stock.Almost definatly no digital tuner installed,therefore no Saorview channels and therefore no need for an Ariel to be connected.But it should see your Sly box and be able to record from that.If it is new why not take it back and ask the store to set it up and demonstrate it for you. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

tmull wrote: »
    I would imagine that a dvd/vcr recorder at this stage is old stock.Almost definatly no digital tuner installed,therefore no Saorview channels and therefore no need for an Ariel to be connected.But it should see your Sly box and be able to record from that.If it is new why not take it back and ask the store to set it up and demonstrate it for you. TMULL

Bought it on eBay and the lady I got it from says it was working perfectly

Well,she would,wouldent she? TMU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

tmull wrote: »
    Well,she would,wouldent she? TMU

True, I got it to turn on now and put in a video and I have sound but the picture is just green and purple lines, any ideas?

Dvd tray wont open either

In all proberlity it is nackered,the picture fault suggests faulty heaads if in the vcr section or a dodgy lens if on the dvd side,Sorry for not being more helpful. YMULL

• Advertisement
Advertisement