Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best high-end E-Cig?

Options
  • 02-01-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Ive had a good read (last 4 hours!) through the forum. Woah, so much excellent information! In fact, I'm overwhlemed by the amount! I tried vaping about 18 months ago; worked a treat for about 6 months. Sadly, my will broke after that and gradually i went back on the evil fags and have been back on them almost continually since....until yesterday...! It seems that since i last vaped, there has been massive change in the hardware available so I was looking for some advice

So when I vaped, I used a Tornado 510 (I think) for about 6 months - mainly dripping. Only (small) problem was that the 'throat hit' was only at its best on the first drag or two after dripping. And the battery life could have been better - but other than that, it was blooody good (thanks to mewso and all on the original thread who pointed me in the right direction back then).
    I tend to use it heavily in the evenings and when out for a few drinks, with little or minimal use during weekdays when at work. For me, it was the powerful throat hit that really made me like these devices.

Anyway, I am determined this time to give up the cigs for good - and I wanted to invest in a very good piece of kit to help me on my way. While I wouldnt say that money is not an option, Im happy to spend a few quid on the best if it really is worth it.

So, in terms of good quality, Ive heard 3 names popping up over and over:
    Provari
    Joytech EVic
    Vamo

The Provari seems to be the dogs' b*****x these days but is it really worth over €200 (by the time you get the basic kit)? Or am I missing something/an alternative?

Many thanks to all for any advice you can throw my way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

drkpower wrote: »
    Hi all

Ive had a good read (last 4 hours!) through the forum. Woah, so much excellent information! In fact, I'm overwhlemed by the amount! I tried vaping about 18 months ago; worked a treat for about 6 months. Sadly, my will broke after that and gradually i went back on the evil fags and have been back on them almost continually since....until yesterday...! It seems that since i last vaped, there has been massive change in the hardware available so I was looking for some advice

So when I vaped, I used a Tornado 510 (I think) for about 6 months - mainly dripping. Only (small) problem was that the 'throat hit' was only at its best on the first drag or two after dripping. And the battery life could have been better - but other than that, it was blooody good (thanks to mewso and all on the original thread who pointed me in the right direction back then).
    I tend to use it heavily in the evenings and when out for a few drinks, with little or minimal use during weekdays when at work. For me, it was the powerful throat hit that really made me like these devices.

Anyway, I am determined this time to give up the cigs for good - and I wanted to invest in a very good piece of kit to help me on my way. While I wouldnt say that money is not an option, Im happy to spend a few quid on the best if it really is worth it.

So, in terms of good quality, Ive heard 3 names popping up over and over:
    Provari
    Joytech EVic
    Vamo

The Provari seems to be the dogs' b*****x these days but is it really worth over €200 (by the time you get the basic kit)? Or am I missing something/an alternative?

Many thanks to all for any advice you can throw my way.

I'd recommend the eVic had it about 4 days now and excellent (I also have a Provari, but as you said a bit dear to start off, cost me €285).
    You can buy the eVic from bargainvapour for €70 and buy your bit's and bobs extra, no doubt someone will recommend the Kanger starter kit, but you did say a top end device.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

I have all three and although I still love my Provari the Evic is very good

Vaperus wrote: »
    I have all three and although I still love my Provari the Evic is very good
    Bloody old greedy guts :D

Less of the Old :p

Less of the Old :p
    I ain't no spring chicken either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The Provari seems to be the dogs' b*****x these days but is it really worth over €200 (by the time you get the basic kit)?

Yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Yes. :)

Is it worth 3 times the price of the eVic though...? Decisions decisions....!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Is it worth 3 times the price of the eVic though...? Decisions decisions....!

Haven't tried the eVic, sorry. It wasn't on the market when I was buying the Provari.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Haven't tried the eVic, sorry. It wasn't on the market when I was buying the Provari.
    You can't go wrong with either of them IMO, just a matter of how much your prepared to pay. If your only ever going to buy one device by starting at the top end it must be the Provari.

The Provari is heavier than the Evic but is more solid and seems higher Quality
    The Evic has some Gimmick features that some may use you can download info to your PC, number of puffs length of puffs and whats voltages you used etc, kind of track your useage. It works fine and I switch between the two.
    Despite me being Old apparently I can still read the displays on both of them

• Advertisement

Despite me being Old apparently I can still read the displays on both of them
    Spec savers have a January sale then Mark, must check them out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Leave the forum for a few hours and there's eVics flying everywhere, jaysus.

drkpower, the Vamo and ProVari are the best if you want to keep your options open.
    The eVic has a lot of shiny fluff and it's great if you know for a fact that you definitely only ever want to use single-coil atties, but if you want to experiment with rebuilding atomisers later, dual-coils and/or twisted wire are out.
    I know those are probably alien concepts to you now (I feel like a dick just mentioning them), but they were to me too just a few months ago - and I'd be pretty píssed if I had to buy a new device just because the eVic was badly manufactured.

The ProVari is made to a very high standard whereas the Vamo is the typical Chinese rush-release.
    Will the ProVari still work in one year? Two? Three? Most probably.
    Will the Vamo work in one year? Maybe.
    But it's so cheeeeeap. Deliciously cheap.

If you don't mind the size/shape, this mod is extremely well-made and lasts for fuuuuckiiiinnng aaaagessssss (3+ days for me) on a single charge.
    Costs around €120, comes with a charger and 2 good batteries installed.

People do constantly say it looks like a bomb detonator or a walkie-talkie, but that made a change from the constant Harry Potter's wand or dildo references my previous one had.

Edit: Vaperus, if that pic is on your FB page, we can't see it.

grindle wrote: »
    I feel like a dick just mentioning them.
    I'm saying nothing ;)

kiffy wrote: »
    I'm saying nothing ;)
    Geroudivih!
    You're saying to buy the world's first ecig-clock-calendar!
    And it's probably better at being a clock-calendar.

:eek:

grindle wrote: »
    Geroudivih!
    You're saying to buy the world's first ecig-clock-calendar!
    And it's probably better at being a clock-calendar.

:eek:

It's not just a pretty calendar face you know Grind's, don't knock it until you've tried it, is my motto. And it looks a heck of a lot better than your bar of soap with a yoke stuck on top of it :p

3sf07x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

don't knock it until you've tried it, is my motto.

Ah here, leave it ou'!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

The best high end device is the one you can afford. Me, I went with the Provari in the end. I could afford it because of the money I saved on cigs but each will be different in terms of what that money can go to. I wouldn't overstretch myself financially for any mod!

• Advertisement

Bloody hell Mark that thing looks like it fell out of Captain Nemo's back pocket disembarking the Nautilus :D

So Drkpower have you made up your mind on which set up your going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Bloody hell Mark that thing looks like it fell out of Captain Nemo's back pocket disembarking the Nautilus

I have to disagree ... it looks like THE Nautilus :P

OT though I'd say Provari without a doubt if you have the cash, its what every other Mod aspires to be and have yet to hear one person who uses one on a regular basis badmouth them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

So Drkpower have you made up your mind on which set up your going for?
    In the end - however much I was tempted to get the Provari - I couldnt justify going into €200-plus territory. My ultimate aim after a number of months is to wean myself off vaping too so I figured it might not be worth the investment.

So I went with the eVic; just bought it there an hour ago from the Best Shop so I will let you all know how it goes once the merchandise arrives. Looks like I will have to go through the weekend using nicorette inhalers.....:(

Thanks all for the help

Ps - actually, what do people think of using a Tornado, atty and juices which are about 2 years old now? They still work but are a bit, eh, dusty. Would that be truly manky or would they be fine with a little rub of some brasso and some windolene....;)?)

Pps - while double-coiling and twisted wiring sounds truly enticing, i'll have you know that im a married man ....

I wouldn't recommend it as my old carto tank that hasn't been used in ages has some weird mouldy shít on it. Wouldn't want that in my lungs.
    Any unused atty or battery should be okay though.

PS - With that kind of talk, you make my horizontal wick vertical.

I'll shoot my foggy nicotine load into your... Ahem.

Who knew ecigs could be so sexy?

Off to write '50 Shades of Vape' now - I'll remember all the little people when I'm a multi-gazillionaire.

was.deevey wrote: »
    I have to disagree ... it looks like THE Nautilus :P

OT though I'd say Provari without a doubt if you have the cash, its what every other Mod aspires to be and have yet to hear one person who uses one on a regular basis badmouth them.
    Ain't it the TRUTH ;)
    And every P****ri owner should have an eVic as a back up device. What more could a vaper want. Vapour heaven I tell you :D

Advertisement