Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you eat lunch at work?

Options
  • 02-01-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

I was on work experience with a mobile engineer 2 years ago on the road and he said to me he never eats lunch and I thought it was a bit strange. So do any of you eat lunch while at lunch or do you hold your stomach for dinner on the way home? :P

Do you eat lunch when at work? 72 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Nope
    93% 67 votes
    When I feel like it
    6% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I was on work experience with a mobile engineer 2 years ago on the road and he said to me he never eats lunch and I thought it was a bit strange. So do any of you eat lunch while at lunch or do you hold your stomach for dinner on the way home? :P
    Coffee for breakfast, breakfast for lunch, and lunch for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Yes, I eat lunch, both when I'm working and when I'm not.

Whew, I think I need to sit down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

work?? its well for some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

work?? its well for some

Yeah! Believe it or not, some people in the country are still working! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Where To wrote: »
    Coffee for breakfast, breakfast for lunch, and lunch for dinner
    What time do you get up for work at? I've known many people who get up really early with no time to have breakfast just sip a coffee along the way to work then have breakfast during lunch time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

I always eat the lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I get 60 minutes for lunch. What else am I supposed to do with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I get 60 minutes for lunch. What else am I supposed to do with it ?
    You really want an answer for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Well currently unemployed but when working I had a big lunch everyday. One particularly busy day I worked 11 hours straight without one and felt sick. I can't function on an empty stomach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    What time do you get up for work at? I've known many people who get up really early with no time to have breakfast just sip a coffee along the way to work then have breakfast during lunch time.

That would describe me. Up at 7:15 on a weekday and bar maybe an apple the first thing I'll have is lunch at around 12:30.
    If I was at home and up at 7:15 there is no way I would have enough distractions to keep me from breakfast!

In my previous company I rarely had a lunch but always had a breakfast and some fruit during the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

depends on the hours I'm working.

9-5 I'll bring sandwiches.

6-2/3 I'll eat after I finish and have a late dinner.

2-10. (hate this kind of shift) Breakfast and big lunch before work maybe a sandwich after.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

From years of working on the road I've gotten into a habit of just eating in between jobs. If I stop for lunch I'm later getting home.

I'd rather eat a sandwich on the road and get home for half fourish than stop and not get home till six.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I'd starve without my lunch and usually snack on fruit inbetween meals as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yes, lunch is provided should you want it. Am also paid during my lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I eat my lunch at home, everyday :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

An empty sack won't stand up. Some sandwiches, yoghurt and fruit throughout the day. If I'm in the mood for spoiling myself then a cup a soup as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I usually run out and grab a sambo to have at my desk if i haven't brought something in with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes. I get into work early so I can eat before my shift starts, then a smoothie at 11 and my main meal at 1:30 followed by an afternoon snack. Then have a light meal in the evening.

Advertisement