Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful maintenance info

Options
  • 02-01-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    For those of you that aren't mechanically gifted, like myself, here's some useful information from ST. I used the Cassette How-To over the holidays and found it very helpful.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I have a new chain and a chain tool from wiggle on the way - considering the young lads xmas present is lying there unassembled after three attempts this should be fun

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Chain_How-To_-_Part_1_3279.html

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Chain_How-To_-_Part_2_3285.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Let me know if you need a hand.

That reminds me, I must order a new chain myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pgibbo wrote: »
    Let me know if you need a hand.

That reminds me, I must order a new chain myself.

don't forget the tools to go with removing the old and replacing with the new chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

don't forget the tools to go with removing the old and replacing with the new chain.

Tools - I hope you meant tool :confused:

I have the chain link tool, but i didn't see anything else I needed for a Shimano chain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

catweazle wrote: »

I have the chain link tool, but i didn't see anything else I needed for a Shimano chain

To replace or re-size a chain all you need is a chain-tool (whether it be a shimano chain or any ogther brand... although 11 speed chains require a special narrower than normal chain tool).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

catweazle wrote: »

Never miss an opportunity to pick up extra bits of kit. I got a chain gauge when I got the link tool, said I 'needed' it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Have all the necessary bits cheers. Had a chain gauge but loaned it to someone and can't remember who. :o I borrow a colleagues now to check the wear on the chain

Advertisement