Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Double Charging

Options
  • 02-01-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi there,

I don't think this exact issue is contained in another thread but apologies if it is.

I'm looking for opinions on this. Last year I took a contract with Meteor, with a new phone, I was an existing customer. After much wrangling it with the sales agent, he agreed to include free calls and texts to Meteor on the plan.
    6 months later, I received a fairly hefty bill from them. Upon investigation I realised I was being charged for calls and texts to Meteor numbers. I called them and they said I shouldn't have had free calls and texts. I explained the situation and they agreed to not only a refund but also to reinstating the initial conditions of my plan, as were agreed at the time of taking out the contract. (Might be worth noting that I never received a copy of the contract)
    So, about another 6 months later I got another heft bill and surprise, surprise I was again being charged for Meteor to Meteor calls and texts. I called customer service and the lady I spoke to was very helpful. I was refunded (but a credit being applied to my next bill) and told that this would not happen again.
    The next months bill was fine and there was still some credit left for the subsequent one. Out of the blue, I was received a text from Meteor proclaiming that I hadn't paid my previous bill and until I did so I would have no service, despite the fact that I should never had to pay anything towards it. It was eventually resolved. However, I am now being charged for Meteor to Meteor calls all the time. Upon contacting Meteor I was told that I only had free calls and texts for the term of the contract (which has now elapsed). On their T&C's the saw that once the term has elapsed, unless by means of 30 days prior written notice from either party, the conditions of the contract remain in place. I feel that the conditions of the contract included free calls and text, nor was I told that this particular condition would expire.
    I have contacted them on numerous occasions, but all to no avail. I was considering lodging a small claim application against them on Courts.ie. Would this be the next logical step?

Advertisement