Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is now president of Europe.

Options
  • 02-01-2013 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

So Edna is now the European president since New Years day. If you had five minutes alone with him what would you ask him to push for?

Leaving aside all the usual AH topics of pro-abortion, gay marriage and cuts to social welfare. I reckon we lobbby him to introduce another bank holiday in the year.

A kind of jokers card that suits weather conditions. Simply a paid day off for everyone during a sunny spell in summer.

The Irish bank holiday Monday.

Your ideas AH?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

squod wrote: »
    So Edna is now the European president since New Years day. If you had five minutes alone with him what would you ask him to push for?

Leaving aside all the usual AH topics of pro-abortion, gay marriage and cuts to social welfare. I reckon we lobbby him to introduce another bank holiday in the year.

A kind of jokers card that suits weather conditions. Simply a paid day off for everyone during a sunny spell in summer.

The Irish bank holiday Monday.

Your ideas AH?

5 minutes alone with him. I'd say their would be one or two who would not be planning on talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

"Now I have them in my pocket! They have recognized me as a partner in their negotiations!" Hitler Edna told Rudolf Hess

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

European president? Ha!

European presidency means nothing, it's like a responsibility to arrange meetings. Enda is not the European President, it doesn't give Ireland any power. It's just a responsibility that's passed along every six months like doing chores on certain days.

Sweet Jesus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ruari Quinn promised workers two extra holidays
    One was to be St Bridgets Day

And if you don't know when St Bridgets Day is then you were not listening in school ;)

What's the story Ruari?
    Another lying Dub politican? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Are we calling him Edna now?

I'm in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

an even more meaningless post than president of Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I think it'll be like the collector leader in Mass Effect 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

President of the Neutral Planet - "Tell my wife, hello."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Enda is a good bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Where To wrote: »
    Enda is a good bloke.

Wish he was on our side though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Who was President yesterday before Enda? Who will be president in 6 months after Enda? The job is a glorified version of having his picture on Time.

Baroso, VanRumpoy, the head of the parliament and some rotating 6 month gob****e all claim to be head of the EU. They still have to wait in line to kiss Angela Merkel's ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

irish-stew wrote: »
    5 minutes alone with him. I'd say their would be one or two who would not be planning on talking.

Yeah straight to the dirty, sweaty, nasty sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Where To wrote: »
    Enda is a good bloke.

Apparently some norwegans liked Quisling. I'd say he won a few awards fro Reich newspapers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Enda is a religious over the top straight acting bigot! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

One of the following things:

- 'Do you really think that The Gathering is a good idea, and not some sure-to-fall-on-its-arse diaspora grabbing, money hungry scam?'

- 'Merkel, Clinton, Creighton: Put them in descending order of sexual desire'

- 'Were you ever a leftie? Were you a liberal who grew up in the 'big, bad, immoral, sexually charged, heathen world' and changed tactics?'

- 'Do you always attend mass?'

- 'If you could eliminate one European country, which would it be?'

- 'Daddy or Chips?'

- 'Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?'

You get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Bunga Bunga parties at Farmleigh :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'd push him to the window. Sadly, I do not know my own strength. There could be an overshoot.

Enda is a religious... :mad:

If Edna is ''religious'' I'll eat my chocolate hat. That lad would spontaneously combust if he went near a church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hey Enda, any chance of some relief on the VRT? :(

• Advertisement

RADIUS wrote: »
    That Ireland implements EU directive 2004/38/EC fully (EU directive of free movement) and removes the reverse discrimination towards Irish citizens and their family members which exists in Ireland's current interpretation of the directive.

Oh wait this is AH....never mind.

Post me up the short version? Anything that involves peoples natural rights to work, food and accomodation is up my alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

RADIUS wrote: »
    That Ireland implements EU directive 2004/38/EC fully (EU directive of free movement) and removes the reverse discrimination towards Irish citizens and their family members which exists in Ireland's current interpretation of the directive.

Oh wait this is AH....never mind.

I'm not sure if you know about it, but there is a European Union forum here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1069

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    European president? Ha!

European presidency means nothing, it's like a responsibility to arrange meetings. Enda is not the European President, it doesn't give Ireland any power. It's just a responsibility that's passed along every six months like doing chores on certain days.

Sweet Jesus..

Yes, but they give this a fancy title so that we feel important. Similar to the way I give my secretary the title of Executive Assistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

In my little world enda is asking the viper to do debt collecting in Greece,Spain and Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,860 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

squod wrote: »
    So Edna is now the European president since New Years day.

No, he's not

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So when do we start ****ing Europe?

Thats part of the gig right, we get to **** back?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

TheDoc wrote: »
    So when do we start ****ing Europe?

Thats part of the gig right, we get to **** back?
    The gig is: Ireland as a government is responsible for the functioning of the councils. Do you know when ministers and all meet up? Irish givernment has to arrange that and prepare an agenda, that's all it is.

It's not the President of Europe, it's the Presidency of The European Council. It's a glorified secretary job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Step 1: Fire Angela
    Step 2: Pay the dipstick senior bondholders in monopoly money (Gerry Adams can help there).
    Step 3: Invade Poland (everybody does)
    Step 4: Surrender to the Yanks and suggest they rebuild our economy a la Marshall Plan.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I'd tell him the Aviva isnt big enough (well for most matches it is but who cares) and unveil plans for the Edna Bowl in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

mikemac1 wrote: »

What's the story Ruari?
    Another lying Dub politican? :mad:

So only Jackeen polticians are liars?

Advertisement