Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quadrantid Meteor Shower 2013

Options
  • 02-01-2013 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Just a reminder to everyone for Quadrantids this Thursday, weather forecast could be better but hopefully we will get a few clear spots.

We deserve a good clear night, its been a while since we had a good display of a decent shower, but asking for a clear night in Ireland is asking for alot :mad:

Happy watching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

What time and what direction should I be looking in please?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

morebabies wrote: »
    What time and what direction should I be looking in please?

Hey, you can pretty much see them in any part of the night sky you do not have to focus in on any particular area but they will all seem to originate from a region beside Ursa major (big dipper)

This particular showers peak is hard to catch as it has only a small window at unsociable hrs... closest to dawn is best but you might be lucky to see some anytime but as I say better chance between midnight & dawn

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Bah. Overcast to death up there I saw nothing sadly. :(

Advertisement