Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed up Already !

Options
  • 02-01-2013 12:37am
    Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭

I really feel bad, I did not smoke all day and then I smoked a fag, Last one in a box in the bedroom and I smoked it, I could have binned it, but I smoked it, AND... Last beer in the fridge from last night, I could have binned it but I drank it !, But there is nuttin left, Just wont buy any of the above tomorrow when I go back to work but I really doubt my comittement...Woe !

Comments

It's a bank holiday. New Years resolutions should never actually start on New Years day. You have not failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

****ing government eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Tragic op but sure there's always next year right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Don't worry about it dude, you have the rest of the year to make up for the slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Smokers are the weakest people in society and statistically the least likely to commit to a new year resolution, Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I would have thought all that boozing and smoking would have cheered you right up :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

spend 60 euro and get a decent e-cig.Not the crappy ones from the shops or stands in shopping centres.Best things ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It'd be a waste to throw them out, think of the starving children in Africa who would love a bottle of Corona and a Johnny Blue right now.......you did the right thing OP

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

I work in James Gate in dat bar up in the sky !! I repeat WOE

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

pmcmahon wrote: »
    spend 60 euro and get a decent e-cig.Not the crappy ones from the shops or stands in shopping centres.Best things ever.
    Where would I buy a decent e cig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Or stop bul****ting yourself and get some champix and be done with them for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

andym1 wrote: »
    I work in James Gate in dat bar up in the sky !! I repeat WOE

The internets know who you are now dude..

andym1 wrote: »
    Where would I buy a decent e cig ?
    google kanger twist.
    Or stop bul****ting yourself and get some champix and be done with them for good.

I take it you don't smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

How long were you on the champix?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm 9 years off cigs as of the 4th Jan. The weird date is because I decided my first day back at work was my first day of the new year.

Part of you will always want to throw in the towel after a slip but the trick is to pick up where you left off and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It's a bank holiday. New Years resolutions should never actually start on New Years day. You have not failed.

So I shouldn't feel bad about the Pizza Meal for 2 that I just had.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I gave up broads for new year, yet Herr I am.

0066ad wrote: »
    How long were you on the champix?

The Full 12 weeks, now 8mts off the smokes and survived christmas without a single craving.
    e-cigs make me raaage....you might as well be smoking..forum should be banned on boards. Anyone that thinks there off cigs when on ecigs are mad in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Hippies! wrote: »
    Smokers are the weakest people in society and statistically the least likely to commit to a new year resolution, Fact.

Weaker than say heroin addicts or alcoholics? Do you have a link to those stats?

Get on the E-Cigs OP. They work for me.

I take it you don't smoke.

I don't smoke cigarettes but I did for 20 years. eCigs are a cruel joke.

• Advertisement

The Full 12 weeks, now 8mts off the smokes and survived christmas without a single craving.
    e-cigs make me raaage....you might as well be smoking..forum should be banned on boards. Anyone that thinks there off cigs when on ecigs are mad in the head.

Did you get any side affects? I actually have a packet here but a bit weary.

irish-stew wrote: »
    So I shouldn't feel bad about the Pizza Meal for 2 that I just had.

:D

Well I don't feel bad about mine! Nor the baileys coffee and christmas pudding :D

Wattle wrote: »

Get on the E-Cigs OP. They work for me.

Stop codding yourself, your still smoking. Your like a boy racer wearing a safety belt. Get champix, join the champix thread.

why should they be banned exactly.No body who uses an ecig claims to be nicotine free,you're free of the damaging thousand cancerous chemicals and other crap in cigarettes.they aren't supposed to be a tool to get off cigarettes either,however neither are chewing gums etc.educate yourself on them and then perhaps we can debate,rather than throwing out pointless inaccurate statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Wattle wrote: »
    Weaker than say heroin addicts or alcoholics? Do you have a link to those stats

I have something better than stats to give you, I give you my word :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Pah, I'm 5 minutes off the smokes and I have no intention of ever going back....hold on, just lighting one, I'll be right back.. can't hold the beer, light a smoke and type all at once..

0066ad wrote: »
    Did you get any side affects? I actually have a packet here but a bit weary.

Yea insane dreams. There fine just leave them as dreams, don't think to much about them when your awake or you'll be checking yourself in.
    The side effects of the tablets no matter how bad are nothing compared to the side effects of smoking.
    One thing you'll really notice is how smelly smokers are, jesus there terrible smelly. I never really noticed it now I can't walk down the street behind one.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I gave up over a month ago using an e-cig, it makes me rage to hear someone dismissing this!!
    Doesn't matter how you give up -smoking that is- once you do, you should be supporting fellow quiters regardless of the medium they used to give up!

Yea insane dreams. There find just leave them as dreams, don't think to much about them when your awake or you'll be checking yourself in.
    The side effects of the tablets no matter how bad are nothing compared to the side effects of smoking.
    One thing you'll really notice is how smelly smokers are, jesus there terrible smelly. I never really noticed it now I can't walk down the street behind one.

Ha that's why I asked about side affects, I was them for 1 week thought
    I was going mad with the dreams it felt like i was dreaming in high definition
    or 3d crazy I know. Good advice to just ignore them.

• Advertisement

they aren't supposed to be a tool to get off cigarettes either
    CarMe wrote: »
    I gave up over a month ago using an e-cig, it makes me rage to hear someone dismissing this!!

Yes but now your addicted to eCigs. If you want to give up smoking eCigs are not the way.

What do you take to give up eCigs?

Advertisement