Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - too many players from 1 team?

Options
  • 01-01-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question. I'm playing a team called "the chickens" in the Fantasy Football cup this week. The problem is that after today's matches I checked his score to see how my opponent was doing and it's then I notice that he has 4 Man United players (De Gea, Rafael, Evra and RVP) and he also has 4 Man City players (Kompany, Toure, Sinclair and Dzecko). This team has knocked out teams in games week 18 / 19 /20 with these players and is still progressing (judging by my dismal performance today it looks like the chickens will be progressing again).

With the rules stating that you can only have 3 players from the 1 premier league team, how has this team managed to both stay in the league and also beat previous opponents in the Cup?

I've emailed Fantasy Premier league but no joy.

Thanks

DC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He must have had all players since the start, when Rvp was still with Arsenal, and Sinclair was with Swansea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

He obviously had Rvp while he was at Arsenal & Sinclair while he was at Swansea .

Hasn't made any transfers since otherwise he'd have been forced to transfer them out .

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Jax Teller wrote: »
    He obviously had Rvp while he was at Arsenal & Sinclair while he was at Swansea .

Hasn't made any transfers since otherwise he'd have been forced to transfer them out .

I understand that he must have had them since the start of the season but surely you would have thought there would have been (or maybe not?) mechanisms in place to stop this from occurring?

Anyways as it stands my cup run ends

Thanks for the replies

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 33,031 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Decoda wrote: »
    I understand that he must have had them since the start of the season but surely you would have thought there would have been (or maybe not?) mechanisms in place to stop this from occurring?

Anyways as it stands my cup run ends

Thanks for the replies

DC
    There are mechanisms, he can't make any transfers until one from each team leaves. A much bigger hindrance than going out of any silly cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Check how many transfers he has made since end of August ....should be zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

"If a player is transferred to another team in the Barclays Premier League, and this transfer takes you over the 3 players per team limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers."

From http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Perhaps this rule is not automatically enforced but instead one would be forced to transfer out the extra player when attempting the next transfer. All based on an assumption that the player (team manager) doesn't become inactive?

Interesting strategy from the start - how is he doing overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gives an opportunity for people to have 4 liverpool players now, though i don't see many taking that up. might see a few teams with 4 chelsea though if Ba signs up

Dónal wrote: »
    Interesting strategy from the start - how is he doing overall?

This week he's whooping my ass, he's 35,000 for the week so far but hes approx 1.5 million overall. I'd say its a zombie team as he's made 0 transfers since the start of the season. Still with RVP as captain he's currently ahead of approx 900,000 other players in the game.

With Ba not playing I have to pray for a Suarez miracle followed by a Piennar miracle followed by a......you get the idea :-)

DC

CSF wrote: »
    There are mechanisms, he can't make any transfers until one from each team leaves. A much bigger hindrance than going out of any silly cup.

What one man finds silly, another man finds entertaining...each to their own I say. Thx for the reply though.

DC

• Advertisement
Advertisement