Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 week check up opinions..

Options
  • 01-01-2013 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Friend had a baby 2 months ago went in for six week check up hers I may add as baby had one in the coombe....the nurse asked her how was she how you feeling what contraception you want and that's it should it be more in depth...she went to a gp clinic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

That's pretty much all I got for mine, she felt my stomach externally and just said it all felt fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Yeah that's all anyone gets I think. Its more just a chat to see how mammy is coping I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Yup was just a chat about contraception and reminder for a smear test, unless there was something I was going to bring up myself.

I remember though in my antenatal class the midwife suggesting not waiting until after the 6 week checkup before having sex again but to do it just beforehand (well not in the waiting room! :D) so that if there are any issues you can mention them there.

Advertisement