Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

r/c helicopter help

Options
  • 01-01-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got a gift of this helicopter for Christmas (i-heli?). I tried to configure it but there is literally nothing being programmed to the handset. Just wondering if anyone would know where to look for information on what to do to set the remote so that the left stick = throttle + turn and the right is forward/lean left right etc.

I cant see anything on how to actually set this stuff in the manual - being blunt, the manual is terrible! I cant even find the on/off switch on the helicopter itself! It just says 'set left to x/y/z' but says nothing about how to save it or actually do the settings.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

red_ice wrote: »
    Hey,

I got a gift of this helicopter for Christmas (i-heli?). I tried to configure it but there is literally nothing being programmed to the handset. Just wondering if anyone would know where to look for information on what to do to set the remote so that the left stick = throttle + turn and the right is forward/lean left right etc.

I cant see anything on how to actually set this stuff in the manual - being blunt, the manual is terrible! I cant even find the on/off switch on the helicopter itself! It just says 'set left to x/y/z' but says nothing about how to save it or actually do the settings.

Cheers

I have something similar. What I had to do was:

Turn off the controller
    Turn on Heli (really really small switch on side or bottom)
    Put Heli on ground
    Turn on controller
    Push left control all the way forward and then back.
    That should set the correct frequency

Remember to adjust the trim to stop the heli spinning

Now it should work
    (This is what I did to my one last night)

Hope it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

BrianJD wrote: »
    I have something similar. What I had to do was:

Turn off the controller
    Turn on Heli (really really small switch on side or bottom)
    Put Heli on ground
    Turn on controller
    Push left control all the way forward and then back.
    That should set the correct frequency

Remember to adjust the trim to stop the heli spinning

Now it should work
    (This is what I did to my one last night)

Hope it works!

I havnt even got to that point just yet!

The problem I have is that there are 2 joy sticks, and you can assign the left/right to be throttle, turn, pitch or yaw (i think thats the terminology), which ever is easiest for you! I cant select anything! :(

Advertisement