Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settlers Online

Options
  • 01-01-2013 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Anybody tried this ? I've been playing it the last few weeks, mainly because of nostalgia ! I used to love it on the Amiga and the sequel on PC as well. Its a bit different to those games of course, its persistent so its balanced around slowly building an economy. I find I play about 15 minutes a day and then leave resources build up and have it again the next day, like a kind of metagame really. Its free to play, and its actually possible to play completely free, at least at the start it seems. The angle is that you need to pay to speed up building and buy resources, so I guess the impatient will get stiffed..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I was curious as I love the settlers series however I never tried it. After reading up about it, it just sounded like any other of these type of web / iphone / android games where you click to upgrade your building 20 times. Click to train 20 troops. Rinse, repeat, get bored. Try a different one hoping it will be better. Find out it is not. Rinse, repeat. Get bored!

So..... is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Unfortunately that is exactly what its like ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

BigEejit wrote: »
    Unfortunately that is exactly what its like ....

Booo... Figured as much though

Advertisement