Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AD&D or online game (WOW)

Options
  • 01-01-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

There are 8 of us looking to play some online game that is similar to AD&D and world of Warcraft.
    As a complete newbie to online roleplay gaming could anyone suggest a game that you could have simple quests without having to build up superior characters which takes weeks.
    We have tried the game Artemis which is also a good online game (star trek) but a bit short.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Polar101

Maybe try D&D Online? It's free at least and could be fun, especially if you have tabletop experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

^^ No D&D online is absolutely awful!

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe have a look at Neverwinter Nights? It's not massively multiplayer but it's not bad for online co-op with a few friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

If you would be willing to get away from mainstream boring games I would definitely recommend you to give DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) a try!
    It has many game mechanics that you won't find in the mainstream games, including the combat system that isn't just point and click (you actually have to think :))

I think you either didn't get the game or had awful company on DDO, Akarinn - the game is brilliant, just not mainstream focus. There have been a lot of changes in the last year so maybe give it a try again! (No, not working for them, just been an avid player, with breaks, for 6 years now)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Real D&D is great... Online, No.. Myself and a friend bought it once bck in the day.. Took one look at it and uninstalled it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

Guild Wars 2 is decent enough. Action is fun right from the start. It has a kinda scaling leveling system where higher levels drop down when in lowbie zones, ideal for friends with different amounts of time to play. You can even quest all together with no problems.
    Plus there is no monthly sub, which is not a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Insidious

Best game out there just now is somewhat underrated.. Go try The Secret World! You'll love it. Thank me later... ;-)

Advertisement