Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about DHL tracking (Thomann)

• 31-12-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I ordered something from Thomann on the 21st of this month and I'm using the ident code they gave me to track the parcel with DHL.

The status from the 23rd Dec (01:57 hr) is: "The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization." I've been trying to track with An Post but the code isn't recognized.

It's been stuck in Cologne Germany for a week now. I know it's probably due to Christmas and New Years but I was wondering when I could expect it to be delivered to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Did you contact Thomann about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Equil

I haven't contacted Thomann, I assumed that since the parcel is with DHL that it's no longer their problem.
    The DHL tracking site says that the next step is for the shipment to arrive in the destination country but it's been saying that for a few days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I know that is a very busy period but you have right to know where is your package and when it will be delivered.
    Contact Thomann and just ask them when is due to be delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

How about this for timing, check out the thread I just created on a remarkably similar issue. Good to see I'm not alone :) It must be just some capacity issues at DHL in Cologne or something!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056842885

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

For what it's worth I ordered something from thomann on the 17th of December and received it on the 28th, so you shouldn't be to far off.

• Advertisement

I've emailed them, hopefully I'll get a reply. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Contact Thomann , your contract is with them. They employ DHL.
    Dhl wont be to bothered about an individual but a large customer like Thomann will get a better response.

Funny thing is I ordered headphones too :D Hope both our parcels arrive soon!

I've contacted them, I really hope they do reply.

No reply so far from Thomann and the parcel is still in Cologne...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just so you know is actually anpost who will deliver your package here for stuff from thomann and not DHL. Anytime I have ordered from them its normally a week from dispatch to delivery. You can check the tracking on anpost.ie with the dhl number to give you an idea when it arrives here

Yes I know, I've been trying track.anpost.ie every day but I keep getting this message: Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered. Please check that you have entered the correct number(s), or we may not have yet received the item(s)

I've emailed DHL and Thomann and still no reply. DHL tracking has been saying it's in Cologne for 11 days now. I guess all I can do is wait...

Just got a reply from Thomann saying that there's a back log in the import parcel centre of An Post and that my parcel should be here by middle of next week at the latest. They also said that if it doesn't get here by then that DHL will have to start an investigation for me.

Update #2: The parcel has finally arrived in Ireland, exactly 2 weeks after ordering. The An Post tracking says the item was received in Portlaoise at 10:58 this morning so hopefully it will reach me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

Hey :)

Same issue,
    Just wondering,
    Did you put in the shipment number given on the DHL tracking site, on track.anpost.ie?

Normally when I track things it has letters and the beginning/end, this is a 12 digit number!

Got a parcel in parcel motel, but this still says en-route to Ireland and not on the tracking system so trying to figure out what it is! XD

Advertisement