Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen - felt ar4

Options
  • 31-12-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Bike stolen this morning - felt AR4 with red pedals. Please keep an eye out and pm me on the off chance you hear of someone trying to sell it.....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Bike stolen this morning - felt AR4 with red pedals. Please keep an eye out and pm me on the off chance you hear of someone trying to sell it.....thanks

Where was it taken from? (May help)
    Where was it taken from and how was it secured? (just curiosity)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Taken from Enfield this morning from right outside my front door. It wasn't secured as I was only leaving it there for ten mins while I got myself ready for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Taken from Enfield this morning from right outside my front door. It wasn't secured as I was only leaving it there for ten mins while I got myself ready for a spin.

Oh that sucks!!! Will keep an eye out on the websites for it. Some oppurtunistic thief ass****.

It's scary - people must be watching you the whole time. I've been going out at the same time most days over Christmas and obviously someone locked into my routine and pinched it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Thats horrible news. Sorry to hear about that, hope you get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

It's scary - people must be watching you the whole time. I've been going out at the same time most days over Christmas and obviously someone locked into my routine and pinched it

Check with the neighbours if they've seen someone unusual hanging around over that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

That would lead in the direction of a neighbour someone who can clearly see u leaving the house. I'd start by calling to all houses with that view and asking them if they saw anyone about. Id post flyers in all the doors as well with a picture of the bike. Rattle them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Would do no harm to post this on the cycling forum. They have a thread full of bad news. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Pm sent get in touch with me asap

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Carpenter wrote: »
    Pm sent get in touch with me asap

I hope this means this is a happy story...

• Advertisement

I hope so :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

+1

Well well the power of the internet the bike is back with its owner I am sure she will give everybody a blow by blow account on finding this 2 wheeled beauty .

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

Are u Batman Carpenter? Well done for helping get bike back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

How absolutely, positively brilliant! :):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Carpenter wrote: »
    Well well the power of the internet the bike is back with its owner I am sure she will give everybody a blow by blow account on finding this 2 wheeled beauty .
    Few little jobs over here for you, man. :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324

Great to hear a happy ending on this one though.

Since my bike was stolen on New Year's Eve I've been moved at how supportive everyone has been- offering advice, prayers and promising to keep an eye out. People I don't even know have been spreading word on twitter and other sites. A couple of small-minded thieves took the bike away but the common decency of the majority brought it back (with a little help from boards...). Thank you so much to those involved in returning it to me - your honesty and generosity has been truly heart-warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

more info required

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Just saw this update on Facebook, fantastic stuff from Carpenter. Great news and incredible honesty.

Facebook 😄😄😄😄😄 great yoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

What happened.. the details please. Did any scumbag get a high five..... in the face ... with a brick ?

Briando wrote: »
    What happened.. the details please. Did any scumbag get a high five..... in the face ... with a brick ?

It was not quiet like that but bizarre how this happened and 1 of the people that helped has the same surname as the owner ?:D

Sorry to disappoint but no threats, violence....or bricks were involved, just common decency. A couple who bought the bike were told by a guy who's into triathlon that it was worth more than it was sold for and thus was probably stolen. This guy was a friend of Carpenter who saw my post on boards and put us in contact. The couple sent me a photo of the bike which I recognised to be mine and it was picked up yesterday. So a success story for honesty and the power of the internet.

As an aside, brought it out for a homecoming spin this morning - even the sleet in my face couldn't dampen my high spirits:)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Sorry to disappoint but no threats, violence....or bricks were involved, just common decency. A couple who bought the bike were told by a guy who's into triathlon that it was worth more than it was sold for and thus was probably stolen. This guy was a friend of Carpenter who saw my post on boards and put us in contact. The couple sent me a photo of the bike which I recognised to be mine and it was picked up yesterday. So a success story for honesty and the power of the internet.

As an aside, brought it out for a homecoming spin this morning - even the sleet in my face couldn't dampen my high spirits:)

Will there be anything done to the thief?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Will there be anything done to the thief?
    i think he has to have lunch with lance to talk about honesty ....

Advertisement