Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two words Mustardteers...

Options
  • 31-12-2012 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Mustard. Chocolate.

...you're welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sorry strobe.
    Normally, I'm willing to try almost anything, but I'm not going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Sorry strobe.
    Normally, I'm willing to try almost anything, but I'm not going there.

Almost word for word that's what they said to Columbus before he set sail, (even the 'sorry Strobe' part, which understandably caused serious confusion to everyone present) and where are those people now? Dead.

Now I'm not necessarily saying that not trying mustard with chocolate will result in you being buried in 16th century Spain, B. But I can't in good conscience rule out the possibility.

Are there no pioneers willing to indulge my culinary lunacy and report back their findings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

strobe wrote: »
    Are there no pioneers willing to indulge my culinary lunacy and report back their findings?

Try it and get back to us if you're still alive.

strobe wrote: »
    Now I'm not necessarily saying that not trying mustard with chocolate will result in you being buried in 16th century Spain, B. But I can't in good conscience rule out the possibility.

I hope to be cremated and not be buried anywhere near a plot owned by the RCC, so the possibility would indeed be a slim one.
    Talking of cremation, hence dust or powered form if you will, I could indeed imagine having a go of chocolate in that form.
    As it is, one of my favourite chocolates at the moment is this tasty treat:

chili.png

Well, if you are going to start a thread on such a serious subject matter, you could at the very least inform us of your own personal findings?

Did you try this:

product_61.jpg

Or, did you go hardcore and just spread a spoonful across a slab of chocolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Did you try this:

product_61.jpg

Now there's an idea !

21/25

• Advertisement

Be sure to let us know how you get on uch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I hope to be cremated and not be buried anywhere near a plot owned by the RCC, so the possibility would indeed be a slim one.
    Talking of cremation, hence dust or powered form if you will, I could indeed imagine having a go of chocolate in that form.
    As it is, one of my favourite chocolates at the moment is this tasty treat:

chili.png

Well, if you are going to start a thread on such a serious subject matter, you could at the very least inform us of your own personal findings?

Did you try this:

product_61.jpg

Oh I rocked it DIY style. My first experience was throwing a handful of mustard coated peanuts into my mouth with a square of 85% dark chocolate. That wetted my appetite. I've since gone back to basics and broke up some chocolate squares into a bowl then dropped a dollop of 'strong Irish mustard' in there, mixed around, and ate it with a spoon. It's an invigorating and delicious cacophony of texture and taste.

Worth a try? Even once? Just to say you're one of the few?

Be sure to let us know how you get on uch!

Ok after having completed my research on this I can confirm that Mustard and Chocalate actually go quite well together, but it depends on the type of chocolate, I'm not much of a Chocolate eater but for research purposes I tried three different types, Dark Chocalate square dipped in pot of Mustard was alright but not for me, Milk chocalate square dipped in Mustard Pot was actually quite nice, but then I got my hands on a Twix and dipped it in the Mustard and all I can say is that it's absolutely amazing, good enough that I proceeded to eat both twix fingers with a dip of mustard for each bite and it was savage.

21/25

Have to say, I'm more than a tad surprised at those research results.
    I would have thought that the twix would have been horrific with mustard, but the dark chocolate would have been acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Drunk Accountant

Have to say, I'm more than a tad surprised at those research results.
    I would have thought that the twix would have been horrific with mustard, but the dark chocolate would have been acceptable.

I to am surprised by these results dark I would have thought would have been superior

On a serious note I am intrigued by this concept now

• Advertisement

I to am surprised by these results dark I would have thought would have been superior

On a serious note I am intrigued by this concept now

And Judging by your username, you'll be trying it soon

21/25

uch wrote: »
    And Judging by your username, you'll be trying it soon

As a 2am snack no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Drunk Accountant

Maybe I will convince one of my drunk comrades to do it...before it delve too deep into this kind of experimentation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

This... This sounds like a promising avenue of research...

Has it got your scientific juices flowing Sarky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Dear Mustardsies,

I am a first time poster (long time reader) on the Mustard board and in the interests of full disclosure, I must tell you that I make and sell mustard somewhere in the Republic of Ireland. I don't want to break any rules so won't divulge any more than that.

I have been inspired by this thread and did a little research. During my internet travels I found this and quite frankly I couldn't rest until I tried to replicate it.

Well, Boardsies, we have a Chocolate Chilli Mustard baby and even though it is not yet an hour old it is tasting pretty damn good if I say so myself.

It could take up to a month for our baby to reach full maturity and if you wish I will keep you up to date with its development.

:p

Normally, I should site ban your ass for advertising. Bu.. buu.... but.... Chocolate. Chilli. Mustard!!!!
    OMFG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sounds promising. Keep us up to date.

So here it is in all its chocolately goodness...

Note Beruthiel in the background for good measure...

273_zps84a50424.jpg

So do we get Royalties ?

21/25

• Advertisement

I would have thought that the joy of knowing you inspired me to make a product that goes on to make me richer than my wildest dreams would be sufficient payment for you. No?

No.
    No it wouldn't.
    I want my cut!

No.
    No it wouldn't.
    I want my cut!

You don't cut the mustard, Beruthiel.

Would you settle for a tip?

For instance - 'it's really good with sausages'

Yes/No?

No, I didn't think so...

Cheapskate.

You could at least use us as your core research team.
    How do you expect to sell the stuff if you don't have a team of professional mustard connoisseurs giving it the go ahead?

You could be The Mustard Meisters.

Manically munching mustard on my behalf.

I like it.

Animord wrote: »
    You could be The Mustard Meisters.

Manically munching mustard on my behalf.

I like it.

Do we get free Mustard though ?

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Do we get free Mustard though ?

Fore gone conclusion I would have thought.

Ok. I didn't think any of this through before I posted in this thread and I don't want to break boards rules but I'd actually be happy to have a few strangers willing to give honest opinions.

Clearly I am not prepared to supply mustard to the entire Boards community for the rest of my life at no charge... but if it were limited to the people who have already posted in this thread I'd consider giving it a go subject to postage charges.

Over to you I think, Beruthiel.

• Advertisement

Animord wrote: »
    Ok. I didn't think any of this through before I posted in this thread and I don't want to break boards rules but I'd actually be happy to have a few strangers willing to give honest opinions.

Clearly I am not prepared to supply mustard to the entire Boards community for the rest of my life at no charge... but if it were limited to the people who have already posted in this thread I'd consider giving it a go subject to postage charges.

Over to you I think, Beruthiel.

I think we're mostly too scared to try it.

Advertisement