Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Visas

Options
  • 31-12-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I'm just starting to try and apply for a year visa for the US (NYC) and am finding it more confusing than expected! I'm in my final year of University and am going to work. I see that there in an extended J-1 programme which lasts a year, does anyone know how this works? To me it looks as though you have to do this through a sponsor in a specific field?

If anyone has any info I'd be really grateful, or if anyone is applying too then get in touch!

Thanks a million,
    Nathan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

USIT offer a 12 month visa (I think they now have an 18 month but not sure how that one works) that is basically a 12 month J1 visa to the U.S. sponsored by an organisation called CIEE (well it was for me in 2011 anyway) which gives you the chance to work in your field of study for the 12 months.
    USIT would be your best bet for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nathan_3110

Thanks very much for that Caliden, I didn't think of USIT so will look into that. How did you find your year away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Hi Nathan, I wrote up a helpful post a while back with some useful links which should help, it's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nathan_3110

Thanks lil_lisa this is exactly what I'm looking for!

Advertisement