Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose sound card for my new headphones.

Options
  • 30-12-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I just bought myself the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones.

I'm still waiting for them to arrive but I was wondering what my next step should be to get the most out of them with my PC.

I'm looking for a good internal or external sound card with a headphone amp that isn't too expensive. €60 is about as high as I'd like to go.

I'm currently using the onboard audio with my PC so I definitely need an upgrade.

I realise that this is probably more of a PC Building & Upgrading question but the people in that forum tend to be more into gaming than music.

OK, thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hiya,

Is this just for listening to music generally or will you using it to record music etc..?

Most of the sound cards people in here would be using would more than likely be audio interfaces rather than sound cards
    ie: they would be used for recording and playback of audio/instruments rather than general use.

There's internal and external audio interfaces listed here that would be in your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

You won't improve on the built in output for €60. Modern PC audio i/o is actually very good. Apple are especially good in this regard. What's yours? If it's a good DA chip and the grounding is done properly, you're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

note that the headphones take about 20 - 30 hours to sound right - they loosen up after a while .

Advertisement