Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP2 Financial Reporting

Options
  • 29-12-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I can't access the student site, all my course material is gone.
    Could someone send me the material for IAS 1 online lecture please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cian twomey

there all down i think , dont know when chartered are back after the holidays, the lecture is still streamed online on the website if its any help

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Nah I was hoping to get the material itself to practice a few of the published account questions. Was hoping someone else actually had the pdf saved to their computer

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Should Have Done Arts

Hey..What's the story with the website being down? Just wonderin if anyone has the sample financial reporting papers saved as PDF as I can't access the site to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

They should be all attached!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Should Have Done Arts

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 stotheototheb

Whats peoples plan of action for the interim assessment?
    is it really just to cap 1 standard we expected to know?
    cant get my head around consolidation at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

are only the ias's and ifrs stated under interm assessment examinable? about ten in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

From what I am told it is the IAS's (1,2,7,8,10,11,12,16,17) and IFRS's (3,9,10) on the competency statement that are examinable and I hope nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cian twomey

Whats peoples plan of action for the interim assessment?
    is it really just to cap 1 standard we expected to know?
    cant get my head around consolidation at all :(

regarding the consoldation the book consolidated financial statements( the white book in the cap 2 pack) is quite good for going through a step by step approach to consolidation, i do my lectures in a regional centre and we used it almost exclusively for going through consolidation,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Hewhodares

Hey,

Anybody else struggling with this exam. I'm finding I cant get my head around the Debit/Credit method that is used in the sample paper solutions especially for the consolidation questions. Im used to doing the T-accounts method from college and it seems this is not the method they want for the CAP2 exams. What else are people looking at besides the two sample papers given?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 George Huxley 1983

Journals are the same logic as t accounts. Just think of where the amount is coming from and where it is going to.

E.g. for a disposal the amount coming in on the debit side is what we originally bought it for. Then you measure what you are setting this against e.g. dep to date comes from acc dep, proceeds generally are pulled in from the back account so these would be your credit entries for you journal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Am I the only one who sits down and does anything but study FR is so difficult

Advertisement