Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Peugeot 308 or 2008 Qashqai

• 29-12-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Both diesel. Which would you go for? I bought the qashqai few months ago but i hate how it drives too heavy feels like a tank and its so noisy and rattles like crazy when i go over a small bump or ramp. Paid 11500k for it cash and ive been trying to sell it privatly no calls yet. Spoke to a garage that would take it straight swap for a 308 year 2010...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Not that I think the Qashqai is beyond criticism, but its a fine car and you possibly have a dud. I'd look to get that rectified first then consider changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

how much have you advertised it at if you don't mind me asking.
    It also helps to add as many pictures and as much info as possible if you need help with your add let me know.

The market is flooded with the Qashqai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

<post made no sense>

ninty9er wrote: »
    The OP is not selling, but has been offered a no cost change.
    I don't want it but the op wrote they are trying to sell private bit confused here ..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think you need to drive another qashqai and compare. What you're describing doesn't sound typical of how they drive.

• Advertisement

They are a very light car I found when drove 1st one in 07 but like the new car smell

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lemon3107

Thanks all for the replies, the car is in perfect condition it had only one previous owner and was looked after like a baby. Its alsofull leather inside so its not like a typical qashqai. I have got it checked out but been told theres nothing wronh with it, its just that the car is heavier. I get that, but theres rattles and squeeqs that i hear coming from the back/ the boot that really annoy me. I had a golf before this and that was so easy to drive compared to this around bends/roundabouts. Im advertising it for 12000 exactly what i bought it for..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Would it not make sense to source the source of the rattles? Probably something simple, and leather seats tend to make squeaky noises anyway. And the handling you mention should have been blatantly obvious on a test drive. Even though they aren't as bad as you would expect given the height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Apart from the terrible cabin, they are indeed a fine car. Is yours the 4WD version? They are very heavy indeed....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Apart from the terrible cabin, they are indeed a fine car. Is yours the 4WD version? They are very heavy indeed....
    Its not a 4wd..

• Advertisement

Have you driven other qashqais since you bought yours?

how much have you advertised it at if you don't mind me asking.
    It also helps to add as many pictures and as much info as possible if you need help with your add let me know.

The market is flooded with the Qashqai
    I have added loads of nice pics ans info about the car. Only got one enquiry so far, this girl wants to buy it off me without seeing the car wants to pay through paypal, im guessing its scam!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

lemon3107 wrote: »
    I have added loads of nice pics ans info about the car. Only got one enquiry so far, this girl wants to buy it off me without seeing the car wants to pay through paypal, im guessing its scam!!

Yes it's a well known scam.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have you driven other qashqais since you bought yours?
    I havent tried any since buying this one,i did test drive a few before buying and they all seemed to drive so nice at the time!!

Maybe take a few for a spin from dealers and compare. What you're describing sounds like a fault rather than a characteristic.

Managed to sell the qashqai for 100 euro less than what i paid for it :)

Managed to sell the qashqai for 100 euro less than what i paid for it :)

Result!

How much have you to play with now?

Result!

How much have you to play with now?

11500 found a 08 passat vw passat diesel wt 95000km for 7k! But has 6 owners and was an english import...

11500 found a 08 passat vw passat diesel wt 95000km for 7k! But has 6 owners and was an english import...

Sounds lovely.....

Sounds lovely.....
    Which :) the money i sold it for or the passat?

• Advertisement

I'd be all over this, provided its genuine

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4312162

I'd be all over this, provided its genuine

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4312162
    Thanks..the engine is too big for me and id like something more girly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Since it's taxed on emissions, I don't see why you would be bothered by the size of the engine:confused:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

A Passat it is then?

<Ollie> wrote: »

A Passat it is then?
    Yes i had a golf before and Vw are the way to go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,544 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Now that sounds like an actual lemon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,339 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dealer was bit of a cute hoor trying to swap a 308 for a Qashqai. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yes i had a golf before and Vw are the way to go..

SHYTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Since it's taxed on emissions, I don't see why you would be bothered by the size of the engine:confused:?

Insurance is still based (rightly or wrongly) on CC...can be a significant factor at young ages.

• Advertisement

Still looking for a car after i sold my qashqai! Found a 08 passat tdi only 90000km done a cartell on it has 5 owners..good price 6500e

Still looking for a car after i sold my qashqai! Found a 08 passat tdi only 90000km done a cartell on it has 5 owners..good price 6500e

5 owners since only 2008 and only 95k kms. I would find that scary tell you the truth. Why did 5 owners flog it on so quickly? That's more than a coincidence and now "only" 6.5k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'm sure at least one of those 5 owners was diligent enough to sort out any problems, law of averages.

I'm sure at least one of those 5 owners was diligent enough to sort out any problems, law of averages.
    So do u reckon its ok to buy?ive done a cartell check everything turned out fine the mileage is even recorded so i dont think its clocked

So do u reckon its ok to buy?ive done a cartell check everything turned out fine the mileage is even recorded so i dont think its clocked

Very hard to answer that through the internet? I'd be very anxious to why 5 people have flogged it on so quickly. Reasonably desirable and economical car so why sell on so quickly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,339 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Does it have a service history? If so have you range the garages that serviced/stamped it and asked them to verify what they did and what mileage was logged at the time?A cartell/motorcheck report is good to do and will provide some background history but they will not tell you if a car is a lemmon or money pit.

Reading through this thread it seems to me you bought the Qashqai on bit of an impulse, didn't like it and then sold it on again, luckily not loosing too much money in the process. This time round you should probably makee sure a Passat is what you want, do more research on common Passat problems (and they do have their fair share of problems) and get a mechanic to inspect the car before buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

mfitzy wrote: »
    Very hard to answer that through the internet? I'd be very anxious to why 5 people have flogged it on so quickly. Reasonably desirable and economical car so why sell on so quickly?

I totally agree here

Steer clear of that one!

I drive an 06 passat 2.0 140, deemed to be the most problematic models of the car, everything was done that should have been done and its perfect, even with a high rate of tax i would find it very hard to let this go as its so economical and comfortable!

I would definitely say there is an underlying story or else the last 5 owners won the lotto consecutively one after another and upgraded to something higher spec etc...

Advertisement