Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to stay in Canada when I'm not Skilled enough!!!

Options
  • 29-12-2012 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hope someone can help me/put me out of my misery...

I'm working in canada since october 2011, been working as a dog bather for a year. should become a groomer soon.

company i work for has a policy against applying for LMOs!!! and i know groomers are in NOC C, not A or B. but does it make any difference if i was to have like a 2 year contract, could i somehow extend my visa with just that?? (i'm on 2nd IEC visa).

how the hell do people working as SERVERS get to stay more than 2 years without an LMO??? that is not that skilled of a job!!!!

i'm also trying to steer clear of the fake marriage or whatever thing if possible!!

suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

For 1 I don't know why you think washing dogs is a more skilled job then the most customer service orientated job there is. Here customer service is a big deal and if your not good looking, have a **** load of experience or the have the best personality your screwed. Also I can guarentee good SERVERS working in good BARS and RESTAURANTS are probably earning double your wages easy!

Im working as a bartender in Calgary with a Polish lad whos getting his lmo for working as a bartenders assistent (aka barback). Hes getting that because my boss knows they won't find a better more hard working employee who wants to learn and improve himself in every aspect of the job, the mans a machine and they want to train him and move him further up the company. Hospiatlity is a great industry to make some money in but everyone isn't suited to it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I taught you didnt need an lmo when applying through NOC C, A or B categories? Taught the CEC route would eliminate the need for lmo once you have a years work experience in chosen area. Am i right in saying the CEC and NOC categories are linked togrther?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 theboxer90801

ok, to the first response; working with dogs IS EXTREMELY HARD WORK!!! you must be one of those guys who thinks it's a really easy job and that's why only women do it!! many men have tried and failed cos they're all pussies.
    the company i work for are assholes, well head office is. my location desperately wants me to stay but they are not allowed to do anything.

to the second reply; i really don't think you can apply if it comes under NOC C. i think its just 0, A and B...

Advertisement