Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for dental care in Dublin

Options
  • 29-12-2012 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a dentist, preferable in Dublin? I can't remember the last time I visited one and I'd say I'm n need of a few fillings! I was also wondering what the story is with the consultation fees?? Do they do the consultation and the treatment on separate days so that you have to pay for both? Student friendly dentists would be preferable, though I doubt they consider people on a budget!Thanks in advance for all advice! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a dentist, preferable in Dublin? I can't remember the last time I visited one and I'd say I'm n need of a few fillings! I was also wondering what the story is with the consultation fees?? Do they do the consultation and the treatment on separate days so that you have to pay for both? Student friendly dentists would be preferable, though I doubt they consider people on a budget!Thanks in advance for all advice! :)

All dentists are required to display fees so you will be able to check in advance how much it will cost. A consultation/examination and a filling are two separate and distinguishable treatments ( an examination can often take longer than a filling) therefore they are charged as two separate items though many will give a reduction on exam charge if filling is done at the same time as this takes up less clinical time than the patient having to have two separate appointments.
    Students over the age of 13 will have the same adult teeth as a 50 year old, it takes the same amount if anaesthetic to numb, the same time to place a filling/extract a tooth, costs the same to run the clinic while being treated, therefore in most clinics you pay the same fees as a non student, we try not to discriminate between patients ie charge non students more than students.

Advertisement