Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot Install Microsoft Security Update

Options
  • 28-12-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

I cannot install the following security update:
    Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2761465)

Windows Update always fails with a Code 80073712 error.

I've tried downloading the update and installing it manually. It get's as far as the installation but then finishes by saying that it wasn't installed with no error message.

I've run sfc /scannow from the command line while in Adminstrator mode and it reported no errors.

Could anyone suggest what else I need to do? I don't actually use Internet Explorer 9 but it is installed on the PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

This update kept nagging me everyday and I was starting to think about re-installing the OS.
    Then yesterday Microsoft Update released Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2792100).
    That installed fine and now I'm no longer being nagged to install the previous one.
    Go figure. :confused:

Advertisement