Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What albums are you mosr looking forward to in 2013 ?

Options
  • 28-12-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭

Kid Cudi always delivers. Hopefully eminem releases new material. Lil Wayne Im not a human being 2. Drake aswell,2012 obviously

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Lil wayne LOL!! sorry but no. just no. Lil Wayne doesnt deserve to be mentioned in this sub forum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Presume you mean 2013 :)

Looking forward to J.Cole's new album and hopefully the WTT2 rumors are true. Kid Cudi's should be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Lil wayne LOL!! sorry but no. just no. Lil Wayne doesnt deserve to be mentioned in this sub forum!!
    First 3 carters were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

my most antcipated are
    Eminem's new album,Indicud & J.Cole
    id expect new releases from Jay-Z,Kanye & Drake too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Hope Jay-Z releases something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Hopefully Tupac will finally come back from Cuba and release a duet with Nicki Minaj

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Kid Cudi is awful lads.

LUPE wrote: »
    Kid Cudi is awful lads.

one of the best songs in the last 3 years
    WZRD wasnt great but A KiD Named CuDi,Man On The Moon I & Man On The Moon II are all great releases

He's terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

He's terrible
    No.

In what way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Talib Kweli's 'Prisoner Of Conscious' in Feb.

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    No.

In what way?

His solo stuff is dirge that teenage girls lap up so they can say they like hip hop. He can't rap and his "singing" is appalling. I've never heard a feature he's been on where I didn't think that it would have been much better without him.

Genuinely, if you rate him fair enough but I won't be able to take seriously any other opinions you express on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Looking forward to J.Cole's new album and hopefully the WTT2 rumors are true. Kid Cudi's should be good too.

Forgot to mention A$AP Rocky in my original post. The ones I mentioned are just off the top of my head - is there a list of hip-hop albums scheduled for release in the coming months? I think Boom Bap posts it here from time to time.

His solo stuff is dirge that teenage girls lap up so they can say they like hip hop. He can't rap and his "singing" is appalling. I've never heard a feature he's been on where I didn't think that it would have been much better without him.

Genuinely, if you rate him fair enough but I won't be able to take seriously any other opinions you express on this forum.
    what a pathetic attidude

His solo stuff is dirge that teenage girls lap up so they can say they like hip hop.

I'm a teenager, and I can assure you that teenage girls do not listen to Kid Cudi, lol. Maybe Wiz Khalifa, Nicki Minaj, Drake but not Cudi. Obvious exception of course being this (not that this counts of course):

He can't rap and his "singing" is appalling. I've never heard a feature he's been on where I didn't think that it would have been much better without him

He's not an MC, nor a singer, though? When does he actually rap? He's an alternative hip-hop artist, you can't judge him on his rapping when this is not a thing he does?

Also, he makes this song as one example:

Fantastic. I haven't taken your opinion seriously since you started posting here, you have some ridiculous views. I'd like to think I have one of the more neutral views on this forum and I doubt any of the regulars would disagree with this. Good luck trying to not take my views seriously though.

Also, which Cudi songs have you formed this opinion from? Have a feeling you're going to say Day n Nite and Erase Me...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think Dessa will e releasing something early in the year, cecil Otter has to release an album this year and their was talk of POS and Astronautalis doing a joint alum as well.

Mr. Rager wrote: »

He's not an MC, nor a singer, though? When does he actually rap? He's an alternative hip-hop artist, you can't judge him on his rapping when this is not a thing he does?

Also, he makes this song as one example:

Fantastic. I haven't taken your opinion seriously since you started posting here, you have some ridiculous views. I'd like to think I have one of the more neutral views on this forum and I doubt any of the regulars would disagree with this. Good luck trying to not take my views seriously though.

Also, which Cudi songs have you formed this opinion from? Have a feeling you're going to say Day n Nite and Erase Me...

Mr. Rager indeed.

I've listened to MOTM 1&2 several times each. Define what he does how you like, it is appalling music.

Mr. Rager indeed.

Oh yeah, because there wasn't a hint of aggression in your post either.
    I've listened to MOTM 1&2 several times each. Define what he does how you like, it is appalling music.

Fair enough man. But why bothering listening to them several times each? I don't care if you don't like his work; music is subjective. But your post style was pretty poor tbh, was more of a personal attack on me rather than Cudi.

From my experience anyways, it seems Cudi is like Marmite: you either absolutely love him or hate him, you get it or you don't.

There was no aggression nor was it a personal attack. I suppose I don't get it, I really don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Talib Kweli's 'Prisoner Of Conscious' in Feb.

Nice one, didn't know about that. Should be quality!

There should be something from The Roots, possibly later in the year. They've been recording ever since "undun" was released, anyway.

• Advertisement

Cudi doesn't sing really
    its more so he harmonises like Bone Thugs did
    the reason why alot of ppl like him is because he has alot personal songs that ppl can relate to
    & his beat selection is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The only album that HAS to drop next year is the collaboration between Madlib and Freddie Gibbs. That has 'album of the year' written all over it. I just hope it gets released. The EPs they have teased us with to date have been better than 99% of the other music released this year. I'll be like a child on Christmas Eve in the weeks leading up to it's release.

Another one that I'm looking forward to is Chamillionaire's long awaited third album, Poison. Also, I think Emcee Jermaine is supposed to be releasing his debut album. If so, then that'll be pretty sweet.

I don't really know of anyone else releasing an album. As was the case this year, I'll stumble across new music as it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Iv completely forgotten about detox and I'm not going to let myself get amped for it until I get a release date.

360, cole, 50, eminem, Dom Kennedy , yelawolf and even chamillionaire are artists of the top of my head I'd have an interest in hearing from next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Iv completely forgotten about detox and I'm not going to let myself get amped for it until I get a release date.

360, cole, 50, eminem, Dom Kennedy , yelawolf and even chamillionaire are artists of the top of my head I'd have an interest in hearing from next year.

Accept that Detox is never going to be released and move on. It ain't happening.

Glad to see that I've managed to convince someone else on here that Chamillionaire is at least worth listening to.

Though, to be honest, he has a terrible history of delaying projects. He could say a May release and we'd be lucky to hear it before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dandynamo

Chamillioniare wont release poisin. I expect a new mixtape which will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

lookin forward to the proidgy -Alchemist album , due out in march ,
    others include , new ill bill album and new pending ice cube album,
    that'll do for now

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Happy New Year - lets hope 2013 brings much discussion / sharing on here and less of this kind of nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

4Real - Armageddon
    Lethal Dialect - 1988
    GI & Costello - Mary Jane
    The Doppelgangaz - Hark

Are what im looking forward to the moment, also interested to see what the new wu-tang projects are going to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

KiD CuDi.

Emcee Jermaine.

Kanye West/WTT2.

Chamillionaire.

Eminem.

Maybe something from Black Hippy or anything solo from any of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement