Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snacking at work

Options
  • 27-12-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for suggestions for food (between meals) at work. My diet has gone to crap lately, mostly as I'm snacking badly. I tend not to put on weight easily / at all, so I'm more concerned with the effect of this on training, and even energy levels for work. I sit on my a$$ all day in work.

So what do the other office types eat? I'm open to suggestions. For instance I sometimes eat a plain bagel in the morning if I'm running at lunch, but they're the multipack ones that never go off so I know they're garbage. Have drifted towards the pastry counter / chocolate rubbish too often lately as well. And I don't love a lot of fruit, which doesn't help. Also I always eat chocolate after lunch.. Like I said, suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

I used to have the same problem, always munching on chocolate or biscuits at the desck. I've started to bring in bags of mixed nuts or seeds. Plenty of variety & good for the iron levels which is a bonus.

If you still want a bit of sweetness try the Surf Seeds, sunflower seeds with a small bit of chocolate. Not perfect but a step up from a Mars bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

cooked meats, cheap and cheerful ham or turkey slices. they come in handy 100g packets and your get 2 for 3euro. If you have a toaster in work, ham toasty with a big cup of tea yyuummm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Surf seeds sound good, will check them out. Donelson; I'd often have a sandwich at lunch so anymore than that might be overkill! Some tri magazines are pretty hilarious for dietary suggestions, things along the likes of "stewed leek and quinoa wrapped in a fig leaf on hemp and avocado rye bread". Lovely.

Advertisement