Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narrow washing machine?

Options
  • 27-12-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

My w/m broke down on Christmas eve and so today I went looking for a replacement. Problem seems to be that the original owners of my house who bought the w/m found an inordinately difficult to find model. I originally assumed it was a built-in and the extra bit at the bottom was behind the kickboard, but I think it's just a really small one sitting on a shelf - I can't absolutely prove as there's very little wiggle room, but it looks to be 700mm high. My problem is the width. At very most, I can get 590mm into the area, and standard w/m appear to be 600mm or thereabouts.

I've been told it's semi-integrated or free-standing (but really small) but if I could find a w/m that was 590mm wide, I'd be happy to remove the kickboard and just slot it in. Of course, this is proving difficult nay impossible to find in Cork. I've tried all the big guys and nobody is being forthcoming - a google search proved fruitless. I've got one feeler out that I might hear about after new year, but at this point, I either try and get the w/m fixed (for the third time) or I replumb my kitchen to let me put a w/m somewhere else (and I have no idea if that's even possible).

Are there any options I've not thought of short of finding a stream and some rocks?

Advertisement