Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ailwee Caves tours Ennis?

Options
  • 27-12-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭

I can't find any tour operators providing such a tour, the exception being from Galway.
    Are there really no tours to the caves from Ennis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Eathrin wrote: »
    I can't find any tour operators providing such a tour, the exception being from Galway.
    Are there really no tours to the caves from Ennis?

I'm working in a hotel in Ennis, and don't know of any tours. Barretts Tours do tours of the Burren, but they don't seem to stop at the caves. Give the caves a buzz, they will be able to tell you who does tours. In the hotel, we use a local taxi service who have a range of cars or mini buses to suit your needs depending on numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

johnam wrote: »

I'm working in a hotel in Ennis, and don't know of any tours. Barretts Tours do tours of the Burren, but they don't seem to stop at the caves. Give the caves a buzz, they will be able to tell you who does tours. In the hotel, we use a local taxi service who have a range of cars or mini buses to suit your needs depending on numbers

Thanks, we contacted Barretts who said they were only operating on Saturdays till business picks up.
    That was our backup plan failed!!

I think a taxi that far for two would be awfully expensive, its strange there's no sort of shuttle bus.

Edit: we leave on Saturday is why we can't do Barretts unfortunately.

Are there any other Burren tours at all do you know?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Best contact Aillwee caves direct. Not many companies will do tours until the summer time I'd say.

Mailing Address:
    Aillwee Cave
    Ballyvaughan
    Co Clare
    Ireland
    Telephone:
    +353 (0)657077036
    Email:
    info@aillweecave.ie

So we got a bus to Galway at 6am, then took a tour from there which took us to see the cliffs and the caves.
    Absolutely wrecked but it was worth it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement