Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power wont pay on Horse bet!

Options
  • 27-12-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Just looking for a bit of wisdom. My Da placed a bet today on Irish Saint with Paddy Powers. When he went to collect on his bet, they told him that he placed it late. They claim that the cut off time was 6 seconds prior which he should have known. However there is no time for cut off displayed for him to see, they acknowledged this and said that it was on the system so the tellars could see the cut off time. This seems really unfair, the race had not started and there was no cut off time displayed for any of the punters there so how can they claim it was after the cut off time. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what they did (if anything)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

lenorehao wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just looking for a bit of wisdom. My Da placed a bet today on Irish Saint with Paddy Powers. When he went to collect on his bet, they told him that he placed it late. They claim that the cut off time was 6 seconds prior which he should have known. However there is no time for cut off displayed for him to see, they acknowledged this and said that it was on the system so the tellars could see the cut off time. This seems really unfair, the race had not started and there was no cut off time displayed for any of the punters there so how can they claim it was after the cut off time. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what they did (if anything)

They'll stand their ground I'd say. Your Dad should be entitled to his stake back but that's it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

lenorehao wrote: »
    Hi all,

If the race had not started before he placed the bet the bet should stand.
    Just compare the time on the docket to the offical race start time and take it from there..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Paddy powers have a "no more bets" sign which pops up during a race,it could come up straight away or 20 secs in depending on the length of the race,
    Check the results and it will show NMB with a time next to it,if the time on the slip is after this then you just get your stake back.
    I can't see how your da could have placed the bet before the race started if this happened, he had to have placed it after the off

Advertisement