Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian priest makes outrageous comments in Christmas message

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I really hope this isn't true... A person can't be that despicable in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ironingbored

I've been following this for a few days now and tweeted about it earlier.

There is a recording (in Italian) of a phone call between said priest and journalist during which Don Corsi tells her he hopes she has an accident. Vile stuff.

http://tv.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2012/12/27/don-corsi-a-giornalista-spero-venga-colpo-che-faccia-incidente/215156/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

“I don’t know whether you’re a queer or not, but what do you feel when you see a naked women?” he asked a reporter for Rai Radio.

See I lack that kind of talent for PR....just never had it meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

This is about a celibate man, who lives in a community of men, offering his opinion on women and family matters. Sure he has an opinion and his must be one of the most irrelevant opinions going. If the article were about men living in all male environments then he might have insight that the rest of us don't have.

I look forward to the days when priests opinions are valued based on their actual worth rather than the fact that a priest said it. Priests opinions on family matters weigh virtually nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Nodin wrote: »
    “I don’t know whether you’re a queer or not, but what do you feel when you see a naked women?”

Just wait 'till he finds out about lesbians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't wait to see the hardcore Catholics from t'udder forum complaining that this was "taken out of context".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I can't wait to see the hardcore Catholics from t'udder forum complaining that this was "taken out of context".

I know where he should be taken ......

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

AH thread already has the predictable 'but what about those immoral secularists' response :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Ah but he's not a true Christian really

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not surprising and pretty much in line with "old school" religions that wants to keep women in check.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Just wait 'till he finds out about lesbians.

'Oh look - it's a scantily clad/naked female.'

'You mean that one walking down the street?'

'Nope, the one on that huge billboard over there above the one on the poster on the bus shelter which you can't see right now as she is being blocked by the one plastered across the side of the bus.'

'Well, the one walking down the street really should put some shoes on - that footpath is filthy. Hope her tetanus shots are up to date...'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ninja900 wrote: »
    AH thread already has the predictable 'but what about those immoral secularists' response :rolleyes:

by a single poster known for that kind of tripe. Not much cause for concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

This is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

tawnyowl wrote: »
    Urgh, I feel nauseated!

Really? I couldn't even call it mildly surprising.

You should try reading the Bible some time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Galvasean wrote: »
    by a single poster known for that kind of tripe. Not much cause for concern.

Mostly harmless.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement