Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

experiences of - "the Snip"

Options
  • 27-12-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Gents,

I am looking into having this done and was wondering if anyone had experience of it ( having the surgery - not the fun afterwards )?

I am most keen to find out if you've had "no Scalpel" or "Conventional" and how it went.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's a massive thread on the top of the forum 'my circumsision story'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

there's a massive thread on the top of the forum 'my circumsision story'
    I think the OP was talking about a vasectomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

yes - sorry if I wasn't clear, I was talking about a vasectomy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

I'm tempted to go for it. I have a beautiful baby daughter which i love more then anything. The relationship with her mum didn't went as planned. I feel that is not fair on my daughter having another child with a different women and that's what made me considering vasectomy an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fairly big thread on it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72507548
    Had it done myself @ 4 years ago, my own thoughts on it are on the link above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going into doctor to get it done in 3 hours time. Hope it all goes ok.....

Nervious1 wrote: »
    Going into doctor to get it done in 3 hours time. Hope it all goes ok.....

how did it go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

RobAMerc wrote: »
    how did it go ?

Not bad at all. I think the think about it as the worst part. Tried to stay away from reading up to much about it on the internet because of all the horror stories to be read.

Got it done at about 06:30pm and was on the way home at 07:00pm.
    Slight pinch for the two injections but not really that bad, no worse than dentist. No pain during the procedure at all just a really strange slight pulling sensation. Drove home after it no problems.

Took it easy for the weekend but there was no pain at all, just a slight discomfort like a dull ache. Tried to milk it with the misses for more that two days but I was ready for work on Monday. Swelling stayed for about a week after but again no pain at all there and just
    a slight discomfort.

At this stage its like it never happened and all side effects for the procedure are gone and Im ready for action......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Not bad at all. I think the think about it as the worst part. Tried to stay away from reading up to much about it on the internet because of all the horror stories to be read.

Got it done at about 06:30pm and was on the way home at 07:00pm.
    Slight pinch for the two injections but not really that bad, no worse than dentist. No pain during the procedure at all just a really strange slight pulling sensation. Drove home after it no problems.

Took it easy for the weekend but there was no pain at all, just a slight discomfort like a dull ache. Tried to milk it with the misses for more that two days but I was ready for work on Monday. Swelling stayed for about a week after but again no pain at all there and just
    a slight discomfort.

At this stage its like it never happened and all side effects for the procedure are gone and Im ready for action......:)

Was thinking of having this done myself..Just wondering if you need a
    referral from a GP or can you book in directly to the clinic or hospital yourself..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

Am booked in myself next Thursday for it, mother a god I’m absolutely dreading it. Not a great man for needles at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Tried to milk it with the misses for more that two days......:)

:D

tipptopper wrote: »
    Am booked in myself next Thursday for it, mother a god I’m absolutely dreading it. Not a great man for needles at all.

Are you going for the old fashioned or the No Scalpel Vasectomy ?

I am booked in myself for the 21st - wife is going home with the kids so I can recuperate. Hopefully I will be in enough pain to stay away from the pub and not enough to stop me doing pretty much anything else !.

Lads - just as an update.

Had it done 2 weeks today.

The op itself was painless and quick I must say.
    next day I felt pretty good and went for a few bevvies, all good, I knew I had something different but in fairness the Jock Strap has a fairly tight grip of you, you'll know you were wearing it.
    Sunday I picked up my young lad and felt a twinge in my left nut, it was never sore but there was a definite tenderness for the rest of the week. I kept the jockstrap on till last Thursday. ( 1 week ).
    Since then all is good - no pains no ill effects at all if I can put it that way, I am as good ( or bad ) as I ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

next day I felt pretty good and went for a few bevvies, all good, I knew I had something different but in fairness the Jock Strap has a fairly tight grip of you, you'll know you were wearing it.
    Sunday I picked up my young lad and felt a twinge in my left nut, it was never sore but there was a definite tenderness for the rest of the week. I kept the jockstrap on till last Thursday. ( 1 week ).
    Since then all is good - no pains no ill effects at all if I can put it that way, I am as good ( or bad ) as I ever was.

Nice one...Glad you had a good experience of it..

I had it done 12 years ago now,,and like you,,bit of tenderness for a few days after,,but all good after that.

Glad I had it done to be honest.

Plenty more on it here.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056282040

• Registered Users Posts: 7 liamcrowe

This is a very minor procedure,nothing to it.I had it done 22yrs.ago.I was a bit swollen n tender for a week r so.Anyone thinking about it,go for it,just be sure its what u want........

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Would recommend it if your mind is made up.
    I had to get the anaesthetic topped up twice (intense sensation in inner testicle) but was fine. didnt have to wear onion sack, joscstrap or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Did you go for no scalpel or conventional?
    Thinking about it meself, just have to get psyched up first :o

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Did you go for no scalpel or conventional?
    Thinking about it meself, just have to get psyched up first :o

I went for the No Scalpel.

There really is very little to it. I chatted away to the doc the whole time he was doing it. Turns out we have a few mutual buddies!
    He offered for me to look while he did it but that might have been a bit too far !
    There is no needles or anything.

Do not look at them being done on youtube ! I was grand till I did that, in reality it was far less intrusive or sore than it looks in those videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnniekipper

trying to decide between the 450 no scalpel in molesworth st or the €195 grabone offer for clane , any advice ?

Advertisement