Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11inch macbook air

Options
  • 27-12-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I need to buy a new laptop and I only have the funds for a macbook air 11 inch. I'm coming from a white 13 inch (5 years old) which gave up only a few weeks ago.

My fear is that the screen will be too small if I'm used to a 13 inch.

I do like the idea of an ultraportable laptop however. I can't stretch budget to 13inch macbook air unfortunately

Looking for advice on the matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

swingking wrote: »
    I need to buy a new laptop and I only have the funds for a macbook air 11 inch. I'm coming from a white 13 inch (5 years old) which gave up only a few weeks ago.

My fear is that the screen will be too small if I'm used to a 13 inch.

I do like the idea of an ultraportable laptop however. I can't stretch budget to 13inch macbook air unfortunately

Looking for advice on the matter

Bought an 11 MBP a few months ago as a portable (have a desktop in work), after lugging around a 15 MBP around. Best laptop I've ever owned. Is a rocket on everyday tasks compared to the older MBP. Screen size is only an issue if I've to use Photoshop or InDesign, but for everything else it does me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I had a 15 inch macbook pro. I have a 13 inch macbook and an 11 inch macbook air.
    You will get used to the size of the Air. It is a great little computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

sorry to be the devils advocate, but i have the 13inch macbook air and one of my friends was given the 11inch one as a gift. she was very upset about the screen size but couldnt afford any more at the time.

now 8 months on she gets upset anytime she sees mine, and wishes she had returned the 11 inch one and saved for a couple of months and bought the 13inch one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

can you save up for the 13"? Its worth the screen size imo... I've used both

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

went for a 11 inch mba in the end. Now if it's unbearable, Apple have a 14 day remorse and I can return.

I have an external monitor as well so if I need a bigger screen , I have it to hand.

Thanks for all the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement